Taxidermy recomendation in central NY

Sambuca

I am a PA resident with a camp in 7M. I can no longer take a head/cape to PA.  If I am lucky enough to tag something worth mounting I would do so.  If anyone has a recommendation of someone who does good work in the area south of Syracuse and east to Norwich area, I would appreciate to  hear about them.  I usually do my own processing as well but given the fact that regular seasons starts two weeks before thanksgiving this year, a processor could also be useful in the same area.  Many thank all!  I read this site a lot and learn a ton. 

7 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

I am a PA resident with a camp in 7M. I can no longer take a head/cape to PA.  If I am lucky enough to tag something worth mounting I would do so.  If anyone has a recommendation of someone who does good work in the area south of Syracuse and east to Norwich area, I would appreciate to  hear about them.  I usually do my own processing as well but given the fact that regular seasons starts two weeks before thanksgiving this year, a processor could also be useful in the same area.  Many thank all!  I read this site a lot and learn a ton. 

Theres a good one in preston which is a couple mins outsidr of norwich my friend had one done out of the guy from sherburne both do a good job.  These are both taxidermist.  I use fowlstons out of oxford for my butcher but its been a couple years but he tends to have a quick turn around ide have to see if hes still doing it.  

Edited by Swamp_bucks

16 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Lou Spina in Deansboro.  Listed as Rome taxidermy as he was in Rome for 30+ years. He did my buck last season. He is semi retired and only takes about a dozen bucks and doesn't do fish anymore. 

He's done several fish for me as well.

I was going to suggest Lou Spina as well but I didn't know if he was still doing it.  He did my first buck and did my 9pt in a corner mount. 

I also liked the work done by Randy Thieme at Randy's Taxidermy in Vernon Center.  He did my 7pt with the drop tine and an 11pt in a corner mount for the opposite corner.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, covert said:

I was going to suggest Lou Spina as well but I didn't know if he was still doing it.  He did my first buck and did my 9pt in a corner mount. 

I also liked the work done by Randy Thieme at Randy's Taxidermy in Vernon Center.  He did my 7pt with the drop tine and an 11pt in a corner mount for the opposite corner.

he actually is the guy that invented the corner mount i guess.  or has the patent to or something like that. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

he actually is the guy that invented the corner mount i guess.  or has the patent to or something like that. 

He patented is as I understand.  When I got the 11 and was going to have him mounted my wife said ok but she wanted to pick the pose.  She wanted a corner to make the room symmetrical.  "Ok honey, you're twisting my arm but I'll spend extra on that corner mount if it means that much to you." ;)  It was the first one Randy had ever done.  :offtopic:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, covert said:

He patented is as I understand.  When I got the 11 and was going to have him mounted my wife said ok but she wanted to pick the pose.  She wanted a corner to make the room symmetrical.  "Ok honey, you're twisting my arm but I'll spend extra on that corner mount if it means that much to you." ;)  It was the first one Randy had ever done.  :offtopic:

Can we see one?

Yep.  It fits right in the corner.  There are hangers on both sides for more flexibility in placement, but I only use one.  It's nice if you already have a couple traditional wall mounts and want something different, or have an odd spot in a room.

Edited by covert
  • Like 1