Warm gear

Chef

2 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I will only wear smart wool socks but I don’t like their base layers because the elastic wears out way too fast. The wool is 2nd to none. Let me know if they’re still holding up after the season I might have to give them another shot.

Now you tell me.

That my be an issue of too much heat in a dryer. I'll report back.

• Like 1

If you know someone associated with Sitka’s “Outfitter Program” they get a 40% discount on all Sitka gear. Who knows, there may even be someone in this thread who has that discount. Just sayin

Yeah but they are super strict and monitor it like crazy.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sitka. Sitka. Sitka. 

That stuff is expensive, but it is fully and 100% worth it. Sometimes the fit can be challenging to deal with, to find the right sizing, but still, 100% worth it.

I have equinox, downpour, stratus, fanatic series, plus many of the vest/accessories/mid layers. I'll jump through hoops for it no problem.

• Like 2

If you know someone associated with Sitka’s “Outfitter Program” they get a 40% discount on all Sitka gear. Who knows, there may even be someone in this thread who has that discount. Just sayin

Would you happen to be that person?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I have to say since the start of this thread I have bought 3 Sitka pieces, the Marino heavy base layer top, the fanatic hoodie and the fanatic jacket which arrived today. I have to say I was so warm with the hoodie and base layer that I’m really excited to try the jacket out Monday!

I know most think it’s crazy to spend big money on hunting clothes but I agree, the Sitka stratus and fanatic stuff keep me unbelievably warm and comfy.  Money well spent.  

So I just got the fanatic jacket and have a question for you, I know you use a Muff, do you think the front pocket on the fanatic is enough to not wear gloves? Do you use a muff instead of gloves or with gloves ?

1 hour ago, Chef said:

So I just got the fanatic jacket and have a question for you, I know you use a Muff, do you think the front pocket on the fanatic is enough to not wear gloves? Do you use a muff instead of gloves or with gloves ?

I use the built in muff on the fanatic vest.  Works well.  Throw in a handwarmer or two. Never use gloves myself.   I only use a separate muff if i am not wearing the fanatic. 

• Like 1

If you qualify Leoadventures  is well worth joining . 40% off Sitka as well as many others .
https://leoadventures.com/sign-up/
Looks like a sweet deal for a 25.00 membership if you qualify for the program.

Have you bought from this program.....if so is it recently released clothes...or discontinued items?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Looks like a sweet deal for a 25.00 membership if you qualify for the program.

Have you bought from this program.....if so is it recently released clothes...or discontinued items?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

It’s their full line . 

Being retired I no longer qualify.