Binocular harness

Buckmaster7600

It always amazed me watching hunting shows how often those guys are ranging deer, I don’t remember the last time I carried a range finder in the woods when hunting from a stand, if I’m still hunting especially up north I carry it because its harder to judge distance for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a lot of times that’s post shot editing, they’re selling rangefinders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

this harness keeps my 10x42's tight to my chest. even when bending over or smashing through the brush they're snug. But there is the perfect amount of give that i can easily raise them with one hand while sitting int the stand or at the edge of the field. Coupled with my new binos I wish I'd done this years ago. No fumbling for stuff and very little movement.
https://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-binoculars-accessory-vtharness.html

That’s exactly what I have, never in the way. I put it on at the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

It always amazed me watching hunting shows how often those guys are ranging deer, I don’t remember the last time I carried a range finder in the woods when hunting from a stand, if I’m still hunting especially up north I carry it because its harder to judge distance for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cary mine, but all of our stands are in the hardwoods and have lanes cut. I'll range a few tress and objects to know which need my 35 pin and which are under and ok for my 20. That way when it's game time I'm good to go. I could only really see needing to range on the fly if you're hunting fields or open areas and even then it's good to jab a stick in the ground out in the field at 20 and 40 yards or whatever. 

I use a Mystery Ranch bino harness and a Kuiu harness. both are great but the kuiu is a little bit less clunky.  That being said, both are used for at least 10 x 42's. When I use my 8 x 32's I just let them hang and tuck them under safety harness when climbing. I doubt you will find a full cover bino harness that will be small/slim enough for the 8 x 32's to suit your needs. 

I use a chest harness and have a couple of different brands on different binoculars.  I want the binoculars close to my body when not in use and I don't want them to dangle on the ground or bump my rifle when I'm climbing a steep hill, hunched over or near the ground. 
I don't like the enclosed cases because they hinder the ability to use binocs quickly or at will when you need to.  They are also bulky and can get in the way when hunting, since they stand off the chest so much.  They also require a lot more movement to use.  I also don't feel my binocs need that much protection when hunting.  I paid for quality and durability and rely on that in the field. 
I also prefer camo straps.  When wearing camo, the black straps stand out way too much.
These days If I am carrying my binocs, I'm using a chest harness.
And what binos are you using?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

do you guys that carry binos also use a range finder?  I dont use binos cause they are always in the way and i also have the rangefinder hanging around my neck. 
I carry a 7x leica 2400r rangefinder instead of binos now, much smaller, lighter, does more for less.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I purchased the Vortex chest harness and so far I like it.  In retrospect, I would have rather picked up a camo harness, because it's khaki colored and the rest of me is pretty camouflaged.  But, I had left over 'stealth strips and covered it up pretty good.  I posted earlier in the season here if you want to check it out.