X Bow rule for NY???

Grizz1219

1 hour ago, greensider said:

I have let down mine with drawing pulls many times 

8 minutes ago, Core said:

I've seen vids. Not tried it myself. I just throw a target in the trunk and release into it. I wouldn't worry too much about driving with a cocked crossbow.

7 minutes ago, mowin said:

I was going to attempt that once, but I figured I'd have a package of broken limbs wrapped up in cables. Lol

I've done it several times. I hold the rope and have my dad pull the trigger and i ease it down. Just remember to take the bolt out or you shoot your own foot!

• Like 1

Just now, Cory said:

I can let my Excalibur down without shooting a bolt but my buddy has a Barnett and he can’t do to anti firing system or something along those lines.

Yea, ours are excalibur too. Old recurve xbows. Vortex & Ibex

Two things come to mind. 

#1 - Check your Xbow manual. Lot of Xbow Mfgers don't suggest dry firing their Xbows. Check yours!

#2 - This (below) and an old practice arrow/bolt don't take up much room in a vehicle! Target is only 10"x16"x8" for ~$15 on sale.

image.png.55d0441596bdc3cb4cf386301f7b538f.png

• Like 1

Two things come to mind. 
#1 - Check your Xbow manual. Lot of Xbow Mfgers don't suggest dry firing their Xbows. Check yours!
#2 - This (below) and an old practice arrow/bolt don't take up much room in a vehicle! Target is only 10"x16"x8" for ~$15 on sale.
image.png.55d0441596bdc3cb4cf386301f7b538f.png

Exact one we leave in the woods for the 2-week xbow season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Is that info. In the Manuel?
What's the process.......?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

It is in the manual.  I don't have it in front of me, but I de-cock at the end of every hunt.

1.  Take the bolt out  2.  Push the lever to bipass the anti-dry fire and switch the safety to "Fire"  3.  Slide one hook all the way down to the handle and put both hooks on the string, so that all the rest of the rope is on your dominant hand side  4. I double up the rope and grab it in the middle (not by the handle)  5. Put your foot in the stirrup and pull the trigger.  6. Let the rope down.

Of course there is a Youtube video of this that explains it better.

• Like 1