Jeremy k

mowin

As not to muddy up a old post, why do you think the person who hit that buck in the jaw is a hack hunter? What proof do you have? 

This could have been a very respectful and responsible hunter that just had a little bit of bad luck. 

A little bit of bad luck is hitting high or low maybe a single lung or liver . Not hitting it in the face . The only excuse you're gonna come up with is hitting a branch ,fair enough , they shot too far for the element they were hunting in then. I don't take hail marry shots and I don't have as many kills as other people ,I also have never shot a deer in the face.

• Like 2

Guess I missed the jaw slayed post. Bad shots happen, but I can guarantee a guy like JeremyK has put in more time than most practicing with the bow, and when you put that much time in you can easily become disapointed in others who don't, especially when they end up shooting a deer in the face.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

A thread title with members name sort of douchey don’t ya think ?

No.   Calling someone's post douchey before knowing all the facts is sort of douchey don't ya think? 

Edited by mowin

23 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

A little bit of bad luck is hitting high or low maybe a single lung or liver . Not hitting it in the face . The only excuse you're gonna come up with is hitting a branch ,fair enough , they shot too far for the element they were hunting in then. I don't take hail marry shots and I don't have as many kills as other people ,I also have never shot a deer in the face.

Neither have I but a buddy of mine actually hit a deer in the face with the bow few yrs back.  Great guy. Ethical hunter. Deer was broadside, but looking at him.  Hit a twig and seen the arrow hit the face.  We tracked that buck for a mile.

A yr later during rife, he shot that buck.  Had a broken off arrow a broadhead embedded next to the jaw.  

So it does happen.  I just don't think painting someone as a hack hunter because they hit a jaw is accurate. 

A lot can go wrong even if one is trying to take the best shot possible and practiced a lot. Hitting a deer in the face always looks bad,but the only person that really knows what went wrong is the hunter. Just as everyone needs to decide what a good shot opportunity is,in that moment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mowin said:

Neither have I but a buddy of mine actually hit a deer in the face with the bow few yrs back.  Great guy. Ethical hunter. Deer was broadside, but looking at him.  Hit a twig and seen the arrow hit the face.  We tracked that buck for a mile.

A yr later during rife, he shot that buck.  Had a broken off arrow a broadhead embedded next to the jaw.  

So it does happen.  I just don't think painting someone as a hack hunter because they hit a jaw is accurate. 

Now i see why you're so sensitive about it .

• Like 1