Have you ever meet a deer expert ....

Nomad

I just did in a store that we’re not supposed to support . I needed some of those scent free baby wipes, I like  them for cleaning up after I gut, or go number two ,or if I work up a sweat in the morning on an all day hunt . Anyway I’m standing there looking over all the sprays and stuff , and he comes up and just starts telling me what to do , then he says “ know what’s the single best thing you can do ? “  

I reply “ shop on line ? “

Nope I gotta shake out my clothes prior to putting on to get rid of all the shed scent molecules, otherwise with each step I’ll be “ dropping “ them as we produce millions of them daily . Anywho he just keeps going on and on , about shaking my clothes the whole time I’m thinking what his screen name here might be .... I should have asked if he knew where the hockey tape was .

As I approach the register,I hear him again, this time some guy in camo is trapped in line with him, I stayed away till he left . 

Im sure others have stories .

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

I just did in a store that we’re not supposed to support . I needed some of those scent free baby wipes, I like  them for cleaning up after I gut, or go number two ,or if I work up a sweat in the morning on an all day hunt . Anyway I’m standing there looking over all the sprays and stuff , and he comes up and just starts telling me what to do , then he says “ know what’s the single best thing you can do ? “  
Nope I gotta shake out my clothes prior to putting on to get rid of all the shed scent molecules, otherwise with each step I’ll be “ dropping “ them as we produce millions of them daily . Anywho he just keeps going on and on , about shaking my clothes the whole time I’m thinking what his screen name here might be .... I should have asked if he knew where the hockey tape was .
As I approach the register,I hear him again, this time some guy in camo is trapped in line with him, I stayed away till he left . 
It was very nice to meet you Larry!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

Me and a buddy both saw a manager at a local outdoor store do the same thing.  He told someone that was looking at fishing line that the yellow fluorescent line was the best to get because the fish would see the line and follow it to the bait.  And yes he was serious.  Guess what ... the store is now closed. 

• Like 2

Some people just refuse to listen to good advice.  Shake and bake baby.  As my great uncle said often with his Italian accent "I keep telling them what to do but they just won't listen."  and he was serious.   lol

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Some people just refuse to listen to good advice.  Shake and bake baby.  As my great uncle said often with his Italian accent "I keep telling them what to do but they just won't listen."  and he was serious.   lol

Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Carma for supporting the  enemy..

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Ya know perhaps he checks parking areas for change , knives and wallets that fall out during the  shaking .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

I ward off those pesky molecules by farting in my camo.... Old Indian trick.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Only good impact (so far) children have had on my hunting experience, is learning that wet wipes are awesome.  Keep a box of them in the truck at all times now.

Outside of a bow or gun ,I won’t go in the woods without , binoculars, knife,flashlight and some form of wet wipes ! 

• Like 1

I always have wipes with me. Came in handy last weekend when my buddy sliced his finger on the broadhead while field dressing his buck.

My way of dealing with the "deer expert" is to keep saying "you don't say" to everything he says.......:rolleyes:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grampy said:

I always have wipes with me. Came in handy last weekend when my buddy sliced his finger on the broadhead while field dressing his buck.

My way of dealing with the "deer expert" is to keep saying "you don't say" to everything he says.......:rolleyes:

I sliced my middle finger right on the end last Friday checking on the Crossbow 0s.  Right after I got everything set up.  Bled for 10 minutes with pressure on it.  Used that liquid bandage stuff for the first time that night......   Stuff is great.  Never got infected or split.  A week later and it's healing awesome.

• Like 1

As you get older your tolerance for these self-proclaimed "anything" experts decreases greatly. I usually reply to their gibberish with "Oh really..?" and try to walk away. Bad enough when it's a customer at one of those big box outdoors stores spewing crap, but often it's the store employees.  Not to mention most of the TV show hosts &/or pro-hunters!!!