Have you ever meet a deer expert ....

Nomad

22 minutes ago, Uncle Nicky said:

Yes, thanks to the internet, we have access to all the experts on not just deer hunting, but turkey hunting, duck & goose hunting, deer processing, & cooking as well. Stick around these forums & you will meet them all. :D

I only listen to the ones who use baby wipes! :)

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

I sliced my middle finger right on the end last Friday checking on the Crossbow 0s.  Right after I got everything set up.  Bled for 10 minutes with pressure on it.  Used that liquid bandage stuff for the first time that night......   Stuff is great.  Never got infected or split.  A week later and it's healing awesome.

bleeding has to stop first and get it closed up. then that stuff is great. burns a bit at first.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just show me pics of your deer resume before I start shaking my cloths.

I usually just call these guys out, which is often. Cabela's is full of guys who know everything and it drives me nuts.

Perfect example

Was in Cabela's looking for a mount for my ozonics. Old guy comes over to tell me how much better the competitors ozone machine is. Says, we deep fry food in the hunting camp, then run it for a few minutes before we go back in the woods. Can't even smell it on our cloths !!!

I shook my head and walked away.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

If, I can get a Slug Barrell, maybe, I will join you out in the Deer woods. Ran into (Jeff) up at Indian Hill  who related to me about seeing a huge Flock of Turkeys at Stewart while Bowhunting awhile back. No specifics here though! We were in the wrong spot.
Nice to see you Mr. Schmidt!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am not an expert but I do know about where I hunt and how they move . Where they hide and sleep .  It is just from hiking and watching and being out there in the woods with them year after year . But if I went to another area I do know what to look for but I would have to take a year to learn the routes and bedding .

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2019 at 8:09 AM, cynthiafu said:

I am not an expert but I do know about where I hunt and how they move . Where they hide and sleep .  It is just from hiking and watching and being out there in the woods with them year after year . But if I went to another area I do know what to look for but I would have to take a year to learn the routes and bedding .

Bingo...! Pseudo-experts will not admit this and try to rationalize what they've seen/done to be true across the entire NYS.