Gear hangers

Chef

So what do you guys use to hang your bows and packs? I have always held my bow and hung my pack from a limb or put it by my feet. Thinking about cold weather and not liking to wear gloves when I bowhunt what do you guys use to hang your bows? This way I can keep my hands in my pockets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

Does that little screw into the tree really hold the weight ?

I myself typically use your method.does get cold at times!!!.one hand with glove on holding bow,cam resting on my boots and other hand in pocket.i moved a stand a few weeks ago and used one of these hangers in that stand.seemed to work well as i put bow on then put some extra pull on it to be sure of it and no issues

Bow hooks are both good and bad, I believe my bow should be in my hand or lap . Hooks are nice for when I may want to reach into my pack or something through .

I use a screw in step.

My pack on that grab loop on top I have a carabiner and a loop of rope that way I have many options, I can use carabiner to attach it to the ratchet strap , or seat , hang it from a step by the rope whatever places it in easy reach .

Most of the time I try to keep my bow in hand. If I hang it, i try to use a branch because most of the land I hunt is public land and I cannot screw anything into the trees.

I have about 6 of the actual bow hangers in the pic below left, I have only used few over the years. They will hold my rifles fine, and hold my bow just the same. I will also set my bow on a log or a brush blind front if it's stable.

bowhang1.jpg

bowhang2.jpg

bowhang3.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chef said:

Does that little screw into the tree really hold the weight ?

Yes, i too use these...hang my rifle, crossbow, and sometimes bow if I can(you know my scenario).  If you don’t screw the hang in to the square portion, and you have the hanger at a harsh angle sometimes it can rotate the entire hanger due to the weight/leverage.  TIP: angle the hanger hinge so if the weight rotates the hanger, it tightens itself deeper into the tree...this way it can’t rotate(it wont loosen itself this way).  

• Like 1

Since i hunt stateland mainly and your not supposed to put anything in the trees(atleast what i sas told)  but its an old trail camera strap and 2 rubber coated hooks.  It can hold my pack and bow at the same time. With no issues.  Rolls up nice and quite quick to instal. Ill try to post pics this weekend with it use.  

1572564912875-585442114.jpg

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 2

I bought something like this for this season and it’s ok

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Big-Game-Multi-Hook-Accessory-Hanger/745530.uts?productVariantId=1621309&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=02835373&rid=20&ds_rl=1246537&ds_rl=1246540&ds_rl=1247888&ds_rl=1252079&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI18Wy9trH5QIVlK_ICh2X9g0QEAQYBSABEgJ-ofD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Fanny pack gets strapped around the tree I climb. Binos, range finder and calls as well as quiver (disconnected from bow) and cost until I get cold goes on the new “hook belt”. Only complaint is the strap slips a lot- cheapo clips.

Bow sits across the top rail of the climber and most times I stand leaning against the tree.

• Like 1

all my stands have a shooting rail.  So i lay the bow on that and i can actually keep my hands inside a muff and keep the release clipped on . I face them so that my left side is in the best kill zone so i can shoot from a sitting position with the rail down.  But i hang quiver etc on small screw in hooks. 

• Like 1

i have used the real tree, hawk go gadget arm , hawk mega extendable bow arm and now a canford ezy 3 arm. the canford is like the real tree bow the hook pivots which works a million times better.  i like to have the bow hanger right above my headed straight out in from of me this way it wont interfere which my limbs if i shoot off to the side. it also put less torque and less likely to spin which i have had bows slowly start fall and sagging using the real tree style. i loved the Hawk go gadet but it is huge and the screw that goes in the tree snapped off and in research saw others have same issue. had hawk send me the maga extendable and felt too short and unless perfect parallel would move too.

I 23rd the EZ Hanger. I like the really long one, it keeps the bow in a place where you don't have to move much or turn around to get it. 

I use the buckles on my backpack to hang it from the shooting rail. That way it is right in front of me and I can access anything I need. I don't have to worry about the buckles banging the stand or making noise trying to get it out from under the seat and it isn't in the way if I want to stand up. 

Most durable, HD and obviously built to support lots of weight - screw-in tree steps. AND cheap too! Clearly for private property only and established stands. They are a PITA to get the screw end started, but once fully screwed in they'll support anything? I'm a big advocate of having your weapon of choice laying across my lap, so mainly fanny pack & quiver get put onto hangers.