What you think?

fadetoblack188

Can you use your reg season buck tag during bow season!? 

the other 8 I am thinking last night 

4B5B65D1-68CC-4DDA-8383-87EEB1774026.thumb.jpeg.c549f3a9ef59efab667431e87a8d1ebd.jpeg
Not in the majority of the state, down toward NYC I believe you can in a few areas. Regular season tag becomes valid once regular season (gun) starts.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Can you use your reg season buck tag during bow season!? 

the other 8 I am thinking last night 

4B5B65D1-68CC-4DDA-8383-87EEB1774026.thumb.jpeg.c549f3a9ef59efab667431e87a8d1ebd.jpeg

Read and understand the regs. In certain parts of the state where no gun hunting you can use regular season tag with boa. But majority of NY is NO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the first picture seems like a younger deer but i do know when a deer is quartering away it's rack looks quite a bit smaller in pictures. unless the original picture is from earlier in the season that buck is definitely not 3.5+ yrs old. it's just a thinner, under developed deer. has lanky legs. plus it'd have more tarsal staining.  either bucks is still very respectable though. it's a personal choice. I've seen where bucks with the same antler characteristics are in the same area but ones older. i shot a buck that was younger of the two thinking it was the older one, both were 8 pointers with a sticker point of their left base, and tipped in browtines. you'll know i guess if you get a pictures again.  congrats on a great buck.

10 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

the first picture seems like a younger deer but i do know when a deer is quartering away it's rack looks quite a bit smaller in pictures. unless the original picture is from earlier in the season that buck is definitely not 3.5+ yrs old. it's just a thinner, under developed deer. has lanky legs. plus it'd have more tarsal staining.  either bucks is still very respectable though. it's a personal choice. I've seen where bucks with the same antler characteristics are in the same area but ones older. i shot a buck that was younger of the two thinking it was the older one, both were 8 pointers with a sticker point of their left base, and tipped in browtines. you'll know i guess if you get a pictures again.  congrats on a great buck.

How old do you think the buck I shot is ? 

12AF3A8F-0325-4007-BCD1-633E4BA0BC21.jpeg

CE32412A-516E-4FAA-84BB-19A10D8D0F5E.jpeg

Edited by fadetoblack188

How old do you think the buck I shot is ? 

12AF3A8F-0325-4007-BCD1-633E4BA0BC21.thumb.jpeg.3b41cce7cad53a5f2056872bc4b14be3.jpeg
CE32412A-516E-4FAA-84BB-19A10D8D0F5E.thumb.jpeg.af6bd878a6cf296ca2c62b1fe02e9267.jpeg
Hard to tell from those types of shots but neck seems deeper down low with bulk right up to base of head. Plus antlers seem more developed and have more mass. If you had a trail cam pic with whole body, pictures of lower jawbone, or had teeth sent in you could know more or maybe an age.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, fadetoblack188 said:

Ok thanks just looking for opinion , someone who does it everyday looked at the teeth and measured beams they said 3.5/4

could be. for around here it's likely 4.5+ not 3.5 yrs old. if somewhere else then it might be different.