All day sits this weekend???

Al Bundy

I'm thinking a good idea to do some all day or at least very extended sits this weekend.  Anyone else??  Now I have a climber I am going to hit some state land  at least one day. Im squirmmming like crazy to leave work.  One hour to go.. count down is on.

• Like 2

My Dad goes dark-dark 99% of the days he hunts. I expect he beginning saturday (his opening day) he will go dark-dark every single day until the weather is really bad or he shoots a nice buck. I am undecided. depends on how it goes.

I tend to get shifty at 2 hours. I can do 3, maybe 4 then I start thinking of things I need to get done around the house and/or the fact that mcdonalds is only 12 min away on the drive home and I really love mcdonalds and it's a bit cold and my van is warm and, etc, etc

I am one of those leave for lunch guys that push the midday deer. I don't leave for long. Usually I will sit until 11 or so and then be back in at 1. I have had a couple days over the years in the woods where the action kept me in the stand all day but that has only happened once or twice in 30 years. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I am one of those leave for lunch guys that push the midday deer. I don't leave for long. Usually I will sit until 11 or so and then be back in at 1. I have had a couple days over the years in the woods where the action kept me in the stand all day but that has only happened once or twice in 30 years. 

same here - gotta let the dog out!  

I will sit longer now yes especially because my scrapes are getting hit hard and with the cold front this weekend. Have never sat dark to dark before but next week I have 2 days off I might sit all day and move between 2 or 3 different stands all within a couple hundred yards of eachother..

I do dark to dark sits all the time after Nov.1st the only time I clime down is to eat my lunch (I wont eat in my the stand) or to change stands. Most of the time I sit all day in the same stand.

Edited by Larry