Baseball 2020 thread

BizCT

Not news. Like the astros and Sox/Yanks in 2017, it’ll be dealt with and disappear. Ultimately, MLB needs to simply do what they do in postseason where they put a rep in the replay room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not news. Like the astros and Sox/Yanks in 2017, it’ll be dealt with and disappear. Ultimately, MLB needs to simply do what they do in postseason where they put a rep in the replay room

Please stop lumping the Yankees in this discussion to deflect how serious it actually is. This is the second time for the Sox the first was the Apple watches

Yankees:

“Their previously unreported actual offense, according to major league sources?

A member of the team, likely then-pitching coach Larry Rothschild, used the dugout phone to call replay coordinator Brett Weber and ask if a particular pitch was a ball or a strike. This did not even occur in 2017, but in a prior season. Weber openly admitted this to the league during its investigation. That's it. Technically a violation, but hardly on the same level as an Apple Watch scheme.

The Red Sox also accused the Yankees of using a YES Network camera to steal signs, but MLB found that those claims had no merit.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Please stop lumping the Yankees in this discussion to deflect how serious it actually is. This is the second time for the Sox the first was the Apple watches

Yankees:

“Their previously unreported actual offense, according to major league sources?

A member of the team, likely then-pitching coach Larry Rothschild, used the dugout phone to call replay coordinator Brett Weber and ask if a particular pitch was a ball or a strike. This did not even occur in 2017, but in a prior season. Weber openly admitted this to the league during its investigation. That's it. Technically a violation, but hardly on the same level as an Apple Watch scheme.

The Red Sox also accused the Yankees of using a YES Network camera to steal signs, but MLB found that those claims had no merit.”

Yanks were fined an undisclosed amount. regardless, until MLB takes a stand this will continue to happen. Teams will push the limits until the penalties are severe. The Astros penalty should be out soon. I doubt it’s a lifetime ban for anyone like the cardinals and another team got once. But depending on what the Astros get, I would suspect the Red Sox get half of that or so since the Astros were doing it real-time while the Red Sox were allegedly reviewing older play signals to figure out future signals.

I agree that technology is out of control in all sports. Like when Eli and the Giants got caught with the illegal walkie-talkies, There’s probably so much shit going on in baseball and football that no one has even heard of yet

1 hour ago, sodfather said:

2018 Boston Red Sox World Series Champions ************************************************

True........but for the foreseeable future they will be looking up at the Yankees! The 2020s do not look too good for the Sawx.

10 minutes ago, grampy said:

True........but for the foreseeable future they will be looking up at the Yankees! The 2020s do not look too good for the Sawx.

Unless Yanks choke like last decade. Most wins in the decade regular season with nothing to show for it. Even the lowly Royals got a ring. If Yanks don't win this year, it will be one of the all-time choke jobs in MLB History.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

14 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Unless Yanks choke like last decade. Most wins in the decade regular season with nothing to show for it. Even the lowly Royals got a ring. If Yanks don't win this year, it will be one of the all-time choke jobs in MLB History.

I predict a 2020 ring for the Yanks!  You heard it here first Biz!  :derisive:

Nobody posting about the Gardner signing?  I am the furthest thing from a Spankees fan, but Gardner is a grinder.  28 dingers last year!  Juiced ball? Little league ball park? Give that man 12+ million.  Good to see he gets more than Hicks, since he actually takes the fields and helps them win.

• Like 1

Nobody posting about the Gardner signing?  I am the furthest thing from a Spankees fan, but Gardner is a grinder.  28 dingers last year!  Juiced ball? Little league ball park? Give that man 12+ million.  Good to see he gets more than Hicks, since he actually takes the fields and helps them win.

Last year I was dead set against it, this year I’m all for it! He was HUGE last year

44 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

If Hinch got 1 year, I think Cora will get more since 2 teams involved. I think Sox should just fire him and move on. Bring back TITO! I don't like how players are off the hook. Beltran was a key piece to this, he should be suspended too

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

2 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Makes room for Texas to win the AL west this year with Houston in shambles 

Especially if they get Arenado!

Except, the Astros are still way better (no matter who manages them). Angels/A's are still better than Rangers too 

• Like 1

At least MLB has finally done something about it.  It was hard to take it seriously before.  Now they know.  

The trash can things reminds me of when Pineda had pine tar on his neck.  It gets to a point that something has to be done.  

I will be interested to see what Cora gets.  1 year I would think.  

Losing draft picks will hurt for sure.  The only disappointing part for me is all the teams that got away with it.  Everyone was doing it, but a few are really going to pay.  Dunno.  At least it should be a more level playing field going forward.