Baseball 2020 thread

BizCT

4 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Thats because Hinch never managed a thing, he took his orders from the nerds

right and because they are still stacked. Bregman, Springer, Altuve, Correa, Gurriel Brantly, and Yordan is insane. They may win 107 games again this year.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

12 minutes ago, sodfather said:

The baseball manager position is the least important coach of all major professional sports . 

Maybe so but it still plays a major role.  Just ask the Washington Nationals.  The only thing they did was let Harper go and got a new manager.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

No way! NBA by far. A few inbounds plays at best they call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your crazy, NBA has a bench that needs to managed and has a clock to be managed and multiple plays. 
The GM is the baseball teams most important role . And most recent the video editor spy . 

Your crazy, NBA has a bench that needs to managed and has a clock to be managed and multiple plays. 
The GM is the baseball teams most important role . And most recent the video editor spy . 

I disagree. They are already saying Hinch will be the top coach to be picked up after his suspension. Managing a bullpen is way harder than playing 7-8 guys in 5 spots. NBA players play their own game. Even Lebron chooses his coaches because it doesn’t even matter.

9 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I disagree. They are already saying Hinch will be the top coach to be picked up after his suspension. Managing a bullpen is way harder than playing 7-8 guys in 5 spots. NBA players play their own game. Even Lebron chooses his coaches because it doesn’t even matter.

Managing matchups, defenses, the clock, making adjustments is way tougher.  Just the pace of the game makes it more difficult.  NBA is a game of runs and responding to them.  MLB is no comparison.  You are way off on this one Biz.  Just figuring out a defensive strategy against an elite scorer is more difficult than managing a bullpen.  

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

Managing matchups, defenses, the clock, making adjustments is way tougher.  Just the pace of the game makes it more difficult.  NBA is a game of runs and responding to them.  MLB is no comparison.  You are way off on this one Biz.  Just figuring out a defensive strategy against an elite scorer is more difficult than managing a bullpen.  

I agree with this. Theres only five guys on the floor and every team has superstars, coaching makes a huge difference

I’m sorry. I’ll agree to disagree. For The elite teams that compete for a championship coaching doesn’t matter. Popovich, yes. But in today’s NBA basketball, Erik Spoltra can win rings with superstars. In college, yes it makes a huge difference with all the one and dones.

Think of it this way- in the playoffs who makes a bigger difference? Aaron Boone Or Steve Kerr. It’s Boone with managing matchups every single batter and its not even close. Kerr just has to prevent Green from getting a technical. Nothing more

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’m sorry. I’ll agree to disagree. For The elite teams that compete for a championship coaching doesn’t matter. Popovich, yes. But in today’s NBA basketball, Erik Spoltra can win rings with superstars. In college, yes it makes a huge difference with all the one and dones.

Think of it this way- in the playoffs who makes a bigger difference? Aaron Boone Or Steve Kerr. It’s Boone with managing matchups every single batter and its not even close. Kerr just has to prevent Green from getting a technical. Nothing more

Nah.  Pitcher vs hitter matchups are just a matter of numbers.  The numbers tell the story and then it's just a matter of going with the numbers or your gut.  Managers have every single set of numbers available.  A computer could make the moves.  NBA is a game of momentum.  A good coach can get more out of a team than the sum of its parts.  It's tougher to decide when to call a time-out than it is to pick a reliever.  

I get what you're saying about elite teams with superstar lineups, but that's only a handful of teams.  Once you get to the 2nd and 3rd team in the division you have a team that does more with less, and that takes coaching.  

18 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

Nah.  Pitcher vs hitter matchups are just a matter of numbers.  The numbers tell the story and then it's just a matter of going with the numbers or your gut.  Managers have every single set of numbers available.  A computer could make the moves.  NBA is a game of momentum.  A good coach can get more out of a team than the sum of its parts.  It's tougher to decide when to call a time-out than it is to pick a reliever.  

I get what you're saying about elite teams with superstar lineups, but that's only a handful of teams.  Once you get to the 2nd and 3rd team in the division you have a team that does more with less, and that takes coaching.  

no sense in clogging up this thread. i just don't agree. I got the coach in NBA as 4th most important coach behind NFL, NHL, MLB as do many of the expert analysts making millions on TV.

• Haha 1

I'll have to agree with @Biz-R-OWorld.  It's appropriate that they're called coaches (nba) and managers (mlb).  MLB managers doesn't do much as far as training the players but they have to make a lot of in game decisions.  The coaches in the NBA coaches a style and discipline.  Popovich, Spoelstra, and Brad Steven are just as valuable as some of the players.  But as far as in-game decisions, they don't make much.  Phil Jackson's triangle offense played a role in those championships but after you call a time out, even I can say "give the ball to Jordan and everyone else get the f$%k out of his way."

• Like 1

If Hinch got 1 year, I think Cora will get more since 2 teams involved. I think Sox should just fire him and move on. Bring back TITO! I don't like how players are off the hook. Beltran was a key piece to this, he should be suspended too

As predicted

The men on the hot seat now is Cashman / Boone. Imagine they don’t win a WS in 2020? After leading MLb in regular seasons wins for a decade and 0 rings, they would have to fire one or both of them.

What a pathetic performance. Nothing worse than a cheater . 

Tell that to Jerry Rice’s face! He used banned stickum substance on his gloves!

Btw, you’re nuts If you think only 2 teams did this. There will be more to come. As players retire, more truth will come out. That’s why they can’t start suspending players or taking stats/rings away. Carlos Beltran was one of the masterminds with Cora. He later bench coached the yanKees. But he was a player so no suspension.

You’re angry at teams when you should be angry at players. Hinch broke TV’s and tried to stop the “cheating” multiple times. Yet, he’s suspended and players aren’t.

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Tell that to Jerry Rice’s face! He used banned stickum substance on his gloves!

Btw, you’re nuts If you think only 2 teams did this. There will be more to come. As players retire, more truth will come out. That’s why they can’t start suspending players or taking stats/rings away. Carlos Beltran was one of the masterminds with Cora. He later bench coached the yanKees. But he was a player so no suspension.

You’re angry at teams when you should be angry at players. Hinch broke TV’s and tried to stop the “cheating” multiple times. Yet, he’s suspended and players aren’t.

You sound pretty angry yourself