Baseball 2020 thread

BizCT

You sound pretty angry yourself 

I’m not angry. It doesn’t change the 2020 season for sox or astros. We still have the same issues with trying to free up money to sign Betts or trade him. There are still low expectations for the upcoming season, but I look forward to seeing what the new GM can do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next person to be fired is Carlos Beltran? He gets no suspension because he was a player in 2017, but I feel like he has to be fired with all this news of Cora winking at him while he was bench coach of yankees imploring stealing tactics.

I'm a Mets fan and I would do it.  It's just going to be a dark cloud that's going to follow him that's bad PR.  I was in favor of Eduardo Perez to begin with.  I would circle back to Perez to see if he's still interested and if he is, then I'll tell Beltran "sorry but just can't do it."  If Perez or Tim Bogar or any of the other runner ups are no longer interested since it's so close to the season or whatever reason, then I'd rather hold on to Beltran than waste a year on an interim manager.

• Like 1

I'm a Mets fan and I would do it.  It's just going to be a dark cloud that's going to follow him that's bad PR.  I was in favor of Eduardo Perez to begin with.  I would circle back to Perez to see if he's still interested and if he is, then I'll tell Beltran "sorry but just can't do it."  If Perez or Tim Bogar or any of the other runner ups are no longer interested since it's so close to the season or whatever reason, then I'd rather hold on to Beltran than waste a year on an interim manager.

He’s an odd choice anyway, grab Al Pedrique he deserves another shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You gotta love the Mets.  They are masters at losing and choosing losers as players, managers, general managers, etc.  LOL

But been to a WS more recently than the Yankees. Crazy, but true

that was 2004??

Summer of ‘89. I remember exactly where I stood and cried as a 5 year old vowing to never root for the Mets again. I also remember exactly where I was was Phillies lost to Joe Carter Homer. I didn’t love the Phillies but did want Dykstra to get another ring. He dominated 1993 and should have won MVP over Bonds. Here’s a summer of 1993 pic in Cooperstown. Not the Phillies hat and my brother’s hand me down bills sweatshirt. He was a 49ers fan

8e79c0cc61ea991062858027e3cb2537.jpg

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Summer of ‘89. I remember exactly where I stood and cried as a 5 year old vowing to never root for the Mets again. I also remember exactly where I was was Phillies lost to Joe Carter Homer. I didn’t love the Phillies but did want Dykstra to get another ring. He dominated 1993 and should have won MVP over Bonds

I wish I knew you back then, Biz.  I would have sent you a teddy bear to soothe your grief.  :)

22240Alt1x.jpg.729d5e8f1d58c6fd740561335c120337.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I wasnt 15 years off, I was teasing that Biz hopped on the Sox in 04

1995 when Lenny couldn't healthy and i didn't care about Phillies without him. Mo Vaughn was a big reason. He was Papi before Papi. The timing couldn't have been worse. Went diehard Red Sox just in time for Yanks to win 4 WS. and Clemens career was coming to an end LOL or so we thought.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld