Baseball 2020 thread

BizCT

Among other things. I'm really missing baseball.

Same. It’s a nightly routine for me. Even if not the Red Sox. Any team each night. I haven’t watched TV more than 10min per day since early February. Without sports, TV’s are obsolete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

did you see they are talking about starting the season in grapefruit divisions out of Arizona.  Teams would be matched up by location of spring training facilities with no fans.  Red Sox and Yanks not in the same division.....dont do it! 

I already loved Scottsdale, now it’s a mortal lock for best place to live

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The Red Sox scandal is over. No issue with Alex Cora, no fines. One video replay guy is suspended and 1 draft pick taken away

Someone had to take the fall. BS if you ask me. Sox are just as guilty as the Stro's.

1 minute ago, grampy said:

Someone had to take the fall. BS if you ask me. Sox are just as guilty as the Stro's.

they banged trash cans? no video proof of that. tons of it with astros. the red sox players said all along this investigation was a joke. people assumed cora brought that scheme to boston, but he didn't.

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

they banged trash cans? no video proof of that. tons of it with astros. the red sox players said all along this investigation was a joke. people assumed cora brought that scheme to boston, but he didn't.

You can believe that if you choose. But I don't.

4 minutes ago, grampy said:

You can believe that if you choose. But I don't.

with all the technology and people who went back and watched every single game, the evidence of sound making before pitches for astros was clear as day. they even break it down by pitch, what players used it the most, etc. Altuve for example, used it the least among the starters if i remember correctly. Anyway, there was nothing like that in any red sox games.

50 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

with all the technology and people who went back and watched every single game, the evidence of sound making before pitches for astros was clear as day. they even break it down by pitch, what players used it the most, etc. Altuve for example, used it the least among the starters if i remember correctly. Anyway, there was nothing like that in any red sox games.

Altuve didnt need the garbage can, he had his buzzer

Astros' Jose Altuve Denies Wearing Buzzer Under Jersey During 2019 ...

I read a recap that Astro's scheme works at any time.  Boston's scheme requires a player to reach 2nd base.  Hence the difference in punishment.

Right. Every team’s scheme needs a guy on base

• 2 months later...

LOVING watching LIVE inter squad Yankees game!!! I’ve been watching for 30 minutes - they’ve played 3 innings!

Yes there is a lot of BS time for real games but the pitchers are LIGHT YEARS ahead of the hitters!

Cole is dealing!

• Like 1

LOVING watching LIVE inter squad Yankees game!!! I’ve been watching for 30 minutes - they’ve played 3 innings!

Yes there is a lot of BS time for real games but the pitchers are LIGHT YEARS ahead of the hitters!

Cole is dealing!

If I’m Betts, I sit out and pretend to be scared of Rona then return to Red Sox for $ that breaks Mahomes record

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wtf , 60 game season and the Cards play 13 against American League teams ?  Who made up this sh!t ? I don’t give a crap about KC, Detroit or the White Sox . 

Looks like I’ll be in Pittsburgh mid Sept . 

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

If I’m Betts, I sit out and pretend to be scared of Rona then return to Red Sox for $ that breaks Mahomes record

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If he sits out he's not a free agent at the end of the year.  He said so himself in his last press conference when they asked him about David Price sitting out for the year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Merlot said:

Games take too long to play nowadays, plus if the millionaire players take a knee, the game is toast. Fans will rebel.

I’m in agreement ,although I do make it through the long games . I have a newspaper from an 13 inning game in St Louis ,that I was at in the mid ‘70s, they called it a 3 1/2 hour marathon ! 

If the Cards kneel, I can easily find other ways to spend my money and time .

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 9:18 AM, Nomad said:

I’m in agreement ,although I do make it through the long games . I have a newspaper from an 13 inning game in St Louis ,that I was at in the mid ‘70s, they called it a 3 1/2 hour marathon ! 

If the Cards kneel, I can easily find other ways to spend my money and time .

I see your a Cardinal fan. I believe that they have the second most World Series Championships behind the Yankees. I got this album when I was a little kid. I'm a life long die hard Mets fan. "Lets Go Mets"

IMG_6628.thumb.PNG.4022dc1a167f6cf827e5fac3e51b70d1.PNGIMG_6629.thumb.PNG.17cb035b2eb2446a7c09c2a2e91a0e3c.PNG

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

I see your a Cardinal fan. I believe that they have the second most World Series Championships behind the Yankees. I got this album when I was a little kid. I'm a life long die hard Mets fan. "Lets Go Mets"

IMG_6628.thumb.PNG.4022dc1a167f6cf827e5fac3e51b70d1.PNGIMG_6629.thumb.PNG.17cb035b2eb2446a7c09c2a2e91a0e3c.PNG

Thats really cool! My friend has a 1975 World Series album

• Like 1