Baseball 2020 thread

BizCT

8 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

We have no pitching. Literally none.

Price traded
Sale Tommy John
Porcello left
E Rod Covid/Heart

We have Eovaldi and 4 no namers. We are 2-0 in Eovaldi’s starts and 1-6 in the other 7 starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You guys and have Porcello back.  We insist.

7 hours ago, crappyice said:

He ain’t no dummy. Leave a failing franchise when you can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rings are all that matters. I'm sure all the current Yankees would gladly trade all those 100-win seasons for some rings. I know as a fan, I much rather have 4 rings in 16 years with some last place finishes, than be like the current yankees/dodgers or braves of 90's who can't win in the playoffs.

10 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

Excuses are like assholes. Redsox suck and got smoked by the Yankees.

#LessOverzealousMods #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

you don't watch sports. every beer pic is dancing with the stars on TV

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elmo said:

You guys and have Porcello back.  We insist.

he eats up innings though. He has like 30+ starts for 10-12 years straight or close to it. In 2013 i bet a former coworker Porcello (then Tigers) would win more games than Matt Harvey. Turns out I was very right lol. 149 wins vs. 44 wins.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

you don't watch sports. every beer pic is dancing with the stars on TV
Incorrect. I do not watch anti American sports aka basketball, football, sports where those overpaid cry babies kneel during the anthem. I have never once ever watched dancing with the stars. My last beer pictures were Holey Moley (a mini golf show) and Dirty Jobs where he was building a shark suit. So eat a dick you whiney Red Sox fan

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Just now, The Jerkman said:

Incorrect. I do not watch anti American sports aka basketball, football, sports where those overpaid cry babies kneel during the anthem. I have never once ever watched dancing with the stars. My last beer pictures were Holey Moley (a mini golf show) and Dirty Jobs where he was building a shark suit. So eat a dick you whiney Red Sox fan

#WeDemandADislikeButton

why are you watching that crap when you can watch yankees nearly every single night? even when red sox aren't playing i watch baseball. I have the extra innings package. You can't watch a few innings and now pretend you are a huge yankees fan. where were you the past 11 years? Isn't your future wife a Sox fan?

why are you watching that crap when you can watch yankees nearly every single night? even when red sox aren't playing i watch baseball. I have the extra innings package. You can't watch a few innings and now pretend you are a huge yankees fan. where were you the past 11 years? Isn't your future wife a Sox fan?

She is indeed a Red Sox fan unfortunately. Not everyone can be perfect. She's also a Patriots fan which to be fair they have been quite good so Patriots is a better option than my team (The JETS) it just doesn't feel like baseball season this year. Admittedly I have watched less this year than I have in years past. I'd say I'm a more casual fan this season. Just have had more exciting things to watch lately. Side note regarding the extra innings are they giving you a break on the price because of the weird short season and shorter games?

#WeDemandADislikeButton

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

She is indeed a Red Sox fan unfortunately. Not everyone can be perfect. She's also a Patriots fan which to be fair they have been quite good so Patriots is a better option than my team (The JETS) it just doesn't feel like baseball season this year. Admittedly I have watched less this year than I have in years past. I'd say I'm a more casual fan this season. Just have had more exciting things to watch lately. Side note regarding the extra innings are they giving you a break on the price because of the weird short season and shorter games?

#WeDemandADislikeButton

$89 instead of $229 I think.

$89 instead of $229 I think.
Oh that's good. At least they decided to give you a break on the cost. I was gonna say if they tried to charge full boat that is highly scummy.

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

he eats up innings though. He has like 30+ starts for 10-12 years straight or close to it. In 2013 i bet a former coworker Porcello (then Tigers) would win more games than Matt Harvey. Turns out I was very right lol. 149 wins vs. 44 wins.

Was also banking on his bad year followed by good year sequence.  So far he is about to break that cycle with two consecutive bad years.

• Like 1

And he hasnt even thrown a “cole-like” game yet. He’s been quite human but still racks the Ws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ringless Cole scares nobody in the playoffs though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

19 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Don't worry Biz... you don't need to worry about the playoffs until the Chiefs get there. 

Absolutely right John. Beantown baseball is a total bust for the next few years. They sold the farm to get that last ring. 

12 minutes ago, grampy said:

Absolutely right John. Beantown baseball is a total bust for the next few years. They sold the farm to get that last ring. 

We should trade JD Martinez and JBJ this year too if possible. The more young guys you have, the more will pan out. We still have one of the best offenses in baseball, just no pitching. Yankees will be in our shoes in a few years when you can't possibly pay every young stud. Some will leave. You gotta get those rings when you can.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

24 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

We should trade JD Martinez and JBJ this year too if possible. The more young guys you have, the more will pan out. We still have one of the best offenses in baseball, just no pitching. Yankees will be in our shoes in a few years when you can't possibly pay every young stud. Some will leave. You gotta get those rings when you can.

Not so Biz. The Yankees still have one of the best minor league systems in baseball. They will be good for years to come. While Boston gutted their farm system, to buy enough strong arms and bats to win a ring. It worked too! But now they have to pay the piper in mediocrity for a few years while they rebuild.

• Like 1