Baseball 2020 thread

BizCT

Which Cole are the Yankees getting? The dominant REGULAR SEASON guy of 2018-2019 (who couldn't win a ring when paired with Verlander, Greinke, Kuechel, Morton, McCullers, etc.) Or the guy who 19-22 with an ERA over 4 in 2016-2017?

$324M for a 3.91 era in a short season built for pitchers to dominate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 3 weeks later...

The 3 batter rule , extra innings rule , wet rag rule , the universal designated hitter rule , cardboard fans in the stand and a 60 game season hardly makes me want to watch MLB this year.  Who cares who wins this year ?Tainted World Series title for sure. I wish they had cancelled the season , but I guess it's all about the money.       "Lets Go Mets".  

11 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Rays AL East Champs. Wow!

Yes they are! And Yankees got pounded again tonight by the Jays. They will be lucky to make it past the wildcard round. Definitely don't see a championship for them this year. But they just aren't playing good enough to go all the way. And it's a shame with the line up they have!

The under achiever season!!! Starting to feel like a Mets fan......

Yes they are! And Yankees got pounded again tonight by the Jays. They will be lucky to make it past the wildcard round. Definitely don't see a championship for them this year. But they just aren't playing good enough to go all the way. And it's a shame with the line up they have!
The under achiever season!!! Starting to feel like a Mets fan......

If George was alive, he would have made some changes after 19 years of this. My good friends who are Yankees fans are all fed up with all these great regular seasons and no rings. They were massive favorites this year.

• Like 1

Massive favorites? The season is over?? You judge Cashman on the Stanton deal alone when in reality they've had an insane amount of injuries and continue to win 100+ games a year because of all the pieces he brings in and the well built farm system. 29 years of winning seasons in a row I think? It's very obvious you weren't born a Sox fan, you've been spoiled lately and didn't suffer the Curse lol

#saltyBiz

Massive favorites? The season is over?? You judge Cashman on the Stanton deal alone when in reality they've had an insane amount of injuries and continue to win 100+ games a year because of all the pieces he brings in and the well built farm system. 29 years of winning seasons in a row I think? It's very obvious you weren't born a Sox fan, you've been spoiled lately and didn't suffer the Curse lol 

#saltyBiz

Massive AL favorites I meant. They can’t get past Mookie Betts in the WS.

Cashman kept adding offense for 19 years and not pitching, which is what wins every October.

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Massive AL favorites I meant. They can’t get past Mookie Betts in the WS.

Cashman kept adding offense for 19 years and not pitching, which is what wins every October.

Dodgers flameout in round one would not surprise anyone though

3 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Lets not start down that road

Ok, fine. But let's all agree it would be beautiful to see Mookie Betts get the city of los angeles their long lost ring, and win his 2nd MVP (1 in each league, even though it should be 3 total).

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

18 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Ive hated the Dodgers since 81, cant do it!!

I hate them too, but Mookie got ripped off in 2016 MVP so I hope he gets it this year. Not sure how many players have won MVP in both leagues, but it has to be small.