Baseball 2020 thread

BizCT

It's that time of the year again! The off-season has begun and for you Mets fan, the new manager is Carlos Beltran!

Vegas has the Astros, Yankees, and Dodgers as the favorites to win it all right now.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Yanks have to make a decision on Didi. Personally I’d sign him, move Andujar and put DJ at 3rd. Give Voit first base, no nonsense with Glass Greg Bird. We only have two lefty’s assuming they sign Gardy again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Let Didi go

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I like him but you let Didi walk, don’t forget you’re gonna need money to pay Judge.  Move Torres back to SS and DJ at second. You have Gio at 3rd and Voit at 1st. Keep Andujar and trade him at the deadline assuming all went well with his surgery. 

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting:

"In many ways, it was a decade of success for the New York Yankees: They had the most wins in the majors with 921, they hit the most home runs and scored the second-most runs, they never had a losing season and they played in more postseason games than any other American League team.

The only fact that matters for Yankees fans, however: no World Series appearances. The 2010s were the first decade since the 1910s that the Yankees didn't make a trip to the World Series."

• 2 weeks later...

The Mets are shopping for a center fielder after letting Lagares go...…..bad move imo.

Let Girardi go to the Phillies.....another bad move imo.

Hire Beltran and now a cheating scandal surfaces.

Now we lose Wheeler to the Phillies....another bad move imo.

The NL East is gonna be tough with the Champion Nats , Braves and Phillies

Wheeler at almost 24 mill a year is just too much. Big talent but big injury history with an arm angle that is begging for another injury. Mets will miss him but no thanks at 5 years for 24 mill. He was all class and I wish him the best.

That said the Mets are trying to dump Familia and Lawrie apparently for salary relief. Ok cool but what will they do with that relief? Mets aren't close at the moment and the lack of talent in the minors will be exposed in the coming years. It's not a fun time to be a Mets fan.

Your right corydd7...….I'm a long time suffering Mets fan. But pitching wins World Series , and we're losing what we have. Diaz shit the bed last year too. 

What’s worse than cano and Diaz being bad is that the prospect they gave up is legit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jarred Kelenic is a beast. Dad is a coach he is a true five tool guy that was sold off after being a first round pick. 

Cano's comments on Diaz before he ever put on a mets uniform were telling. Once again I want to cheer for my team but there are major pieces that seem to be in the wrong place.

I watch a ton of minor league ball and follow the mlb draft in depth, Kelenic seems like the real deal.

• Like 1

Last thing on Wheeler about 8 years ago Ben Cherington's father in law who was a white sox scout told me Wheeler had all the tools to be a big star but anyone who watched him could see that his arm would be a problem long term.

Long story (kinda long) he was right in every category that he spoke about when it came to young pitchers (not just wheeler). His daughter Mrs. Cherington also ran the Hudson Valley Renegades at that time and I had a chance to take a amateur scouting job that paid zip. I passed on the job but always remember what he told me about Wheeler.

Last thing on Wheeler about 8 years ago Ben Cherington's father in law who was a white sox scout told me Wheeler had all the tools to be a big star but anyone who watched him could see that his arm would be a problem long term.
Long story (kinda long) he was right in every category that he spoke about when it came to young pitchers (not just wheeler). His daughter Mrs. Cherington also ran the Hudson Valley Renegades at that time and I had a chance to take a amateur scouting job that paid zip. I passed on the job but always remember what he told me about Wheeler.

My boys battled the Renegades often at the Christi Babcock fields. Good times.
What’s the local word on Nazier Mule’s (NJ Axemen) future?

I enjoy baseball, but don't follow it much. Back in the eighties though, I closely followed the Mets, and they had a great team of personalities. I stopped watching regularly with the younger crowd moving in (post Hernandez, Mookie Wilson, Gary Carter era), and just got too busy to watch. 

Last year though, with the Mets owning the Syracuse team I watched more local ball then ever, and the team did great. I am really looking forward to the 2020 team, and am hoping to get a ticket package to make it a bit easier to get to more games with my buddies.

21 hours ago, crappyice said:

And Mets are no longer the Wilpons to destroy or hold hostage....we’ll after 5 years

#1 Steve Cohen is from Great Neck in Long Island and is a life long Mets fan.
#2 According to reports, if the deal goes through, the Mets will have the richest owner in baseball.  This I was actually surprised with.

#3. The 5 year control is basically some sort of golden parachute, face saving maneuver or a transition period that won't play out the full 5 years.  Steve Cohen is not an idiot.  No one in their right mind would invest $2.6 billion into something and allow someone else to de-value it.  If signed, he is the owner.  Wilpons may still be "CEO" but I'm pretty sure Cohen will ultimately have final say on how they spend HIS money.  If it's for transitional purposes, 2 or 3 years in, Steve Cohen may say "Ok, I got the hang of it now.  Now you two and just come into the office and just play waste paper basketball till the 5 years is up."