Baseball 2020 thread

BizCT

Next person to be fired is Carlos Beltran? He gets no suspension because he was a player in 2017, but I feel like he has to be fired with all this news of Cora winking at him while he was bench coach of yankees imploring stealing tactics.

Bye bye Carlos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Bregman and Altuve wearing buzzers?? BAD LOOK. Lets get some monster suspensions going

Holy crap. This is pandemonium. I love Bregman too. Thought he deserved MVP this year over Trout. I guess the buzzer is key for going from 19HR to 41HR

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Imagine a major league hitter knowing a fast ball IS NOT coming?? Just a huge advantage

Game 1 of Sox / Astros 2017 ALDS was in Houston. Chris Sale started and Altuve/Bregman combined for 4 homeruns!!!!

MLB needs to put Boone back in the booth, Girardi and the 2017 yankees play 2017 red sox for the right to play dodgers in 2017 WS. All rosters reset to 2017 

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Game 1 of Sox / Astros 2017 ALDS was in Houston. Chris Sale started and Altuve/Bregman combined for 4 homeruns!!!!

MLB needs to put Boone back in the booth, Girardi and the 2017 yankees play 2017 red sox for the right to play dodgers in 2017 WS. All rosters reset to 2017 

LFG

• Like 1

But not for nothing here is why baseball suffers ...self inflicted drawn out pain. Belicheck and Brady cheated on numerous occasions, slap on wrist, play ball!
Baseball has this holier than thou attitude and can’t stop punishing themselves.
FREE PETE ROSE!!!!

• Thanks 1

But not for nothing here is why baseball suffers ...self inflicted drawn out pain. Belicheck and Brady cheated on numerous occasions, slap on wrist, play ball!
Baseball has this holier than thou attitude and can’t stop punishing themselves.
FREE PETE ROSE!!!!

Problem too is that MLB is shady. Juiced balls and more homers during regular season. If they suspend any Astros players, it will open the floodgates to so many guys they will need replacement players

7 hours ago, crappyice said:

FREE PETE ROSE!!!!

Excellent points Crappy, I texted Biz and Tacks about Pete Rose. He got a lifetime ban from the game. These jokers deserve the same. Plus none of them set any records like Rose did. 

Edited by sodfather

Fer sure! JMO, I'd rather see Pete Rose or Shoeless Joe Jackson in the MLB HOF than Rodriquez, McGuire, Bonds and so many others that used "performance enhancements". The great American past time, right!?!

Michael Kay (I think) was talking about a “quiet movement” to get the Black Sox in under the question does MLB control players control players standing after death- in other words does a lifetime ban exist after death? Kay is really just pissed that MLB is not trusting the writers/voters to make the right call

6 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Problem too is that MLB is shady. Juiced balls and more homers during regular season. If they suspend any Astros players, it will open the floodgates to so many guys they will need replacement players

Totally.  People can pile on the Astros all they want, but it's ridiculous to think that the rest of the league wasn't doing something.  They won't go after players.  They can't afford to open that can of worms and they can't take on the player's union.

7 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

part of baseball has always been cheating - from spitballs to steroids.  Sign stealing happens in little league for crying out loud.  Just now it was done with technology.  

1 hour ago, sodfather said:

Excellent points Crappy, I texted Biz and Tacks about Pete Rose. He got a lifetime ban from the game. These jokers deserve the same. Plus none of them set any records like Rose did. 

I think the hangup is throwing games.  Its like taking a fall in boxing (which is the most corrupt of all the sports) 

• Like 1