Got my first ever bow.

Elmo

Bear Charge (RH) Ready-To-Hunt Package.  Currently set at 29" at 70 pounds.  I'm going to have them adjust it down to 28" later.  Bought it at Dicks Sporting Goods and the guy who sold it to actually recommended I go somewhere else to have that done.  He leaned over and whispered to me on the side and told me the guys not very good.  At least you have to like the honesty.

Note:  Came with quiver not shown in picture.

post-1898-131455483168_thumb.jpg

post-1898-13145548318_thumb.jpg

Good luck & once your back & arm muscles get used to full draw you'll have a ton of fun shooting. Did you buy arrows for a 28" draw yet? If not when you take it to a shop for adjustment I'd have them measure for your draw again just to be sure.

I haven't bought anything for it yet.  I'm actually a 27.5" but I round up to 28".  The guy at the shop said I look like I'm better off at 27".  I figure when I take it in to get adjusted, I'll let them make the final call.

Finding a spot I can consistently shoot at will be my next challenge.  I've shot at the spot in Queens so that's one option.  I heard there's an outdoor range with the Westchester Rod and Gun club that's open to the public in Hartsdale, NY.  That's a 15 minute drive for me.  I was told $10 to shoot all day but I have to bring my own target.

If your driving up to Westchester there is a place called Cougar sports the can set you up the right way,the also give the course for your archery tag.

What a coincidence.  Yeah, I actually been to Cougar Sports a couple of times but for other stuff.  The guy really knows what he's talking about and he's the one telling me that I might be better off rounding down to 27".  He also was the one telling me about places to shoot in the area.  Unfortunately they didn't carry the Bear Charge but I plan on getting my bow adjusted there and buying the rest of my accessories from that place.

They do know there stuff.I have been getting from him for years.Have you ever gone to Davis in Sloatsburg.You said you have gone up to sterling forrest? They also have a great archery shop.

I hunt regularly at Sterling.  Cougar is really convient for me to get to.  I live in the west side of the Bronx so I just jump on the Saw Mill to 87.  Have not been to Davis.  I'll stop by Davis next time I'm coming back from Sterling and take a look.