One tough buck!

WNY Bowhunter

Finally, took in the first Steuben County buck of the season tonight. What a bruiser...taken on stateland to boot! 

20191104_165736.thumb.jpg.07507cfd387c9874bbaf7340bdb882a2.jpg

20191104_204628.thumb.jpg.08dbc4893881209c07005842ff6c6bb1.jpg

20191104_202523.thumb.jpg.a5b630cdcca30bba4d529d2ca250f16a.jpg

20191104_204646.thumb.jpg.bc762f68d4238697c34749f301e247fe.jpg

What really stands out on this deer is the gaping wound that goes up into his nasal cavity. It wasas actually healing up. He's not going to make the prettiest mount...

20191104_205002.thumb.jpg.4285d788d1fdbec477cfc9cad1ea8e71.jpg

• Like 28

These animals never cease to amaze me with their toughness. I wonder how he got such an injury? Perhaps sparring with another buck?? Perhaps running into a broken pine tree stick, while avoiding danger?? We'll never know for sure. But he sure is a magnificent buck!!

• Like 3

we have said it many times on this forum..  Most state land only gets hunted  within a few hundred yards of the nearest road...   with the lack these days of large organized drives,  there are only a small percentage of people that are venturing in to where the "big boys" hang out.

It's going to be interesting for sure. I might try patching it with a tanned piece of nose hide

Make sure it looks all nasty and like a fighter. I hate when taxis get rid of natural blemishes on the animals, no doubt they do so at the request of the client

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Make sure it looks all nasty and like a fighter. I hate when taxis get rid of natural blemishes on the animals, no doubt they do so at the request of the client

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The guy who killed it is coming over tonight to pick out what he wants...Idk what route we're going with yet?  He's an older guy...he doesn't seem to care either way. He just want one that looks like his old ass mount in his cabin but facing the other way...lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

what do we think caused the whole? Gored? 

I'll be honest, and I'd have to think about it... I might try and leave the hole. If it could be done tastefully and not like a Halloween decoration. I'm a big believer in displaying them as they are. That buck certainly doesn't need anything extra to be super impressive on any wall, but man that really would set him off.