One tough buck!

WNY Bowhunter

1 hour ago, moose said:

Could not see with other picks. Just see so many pics people with deer with no tag on deer and there in transportation mode.

i take the tag off for the hero pic. Fair point though. It'd take some balls though to drive a deer like that to the taxidermist without a tag. 

46 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Really...to each their own I guess. now what does that means for your? I imagine that creates some additional challenges?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will probably be an easier approach than trying to match up the missing skin with another cape and then patching it. I plan on making the hole and throwing some apoxie sculpt in it. Nothing too fancy.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Got this one mounted a few days ago. Initially, I wasn't sure about the decision to keep the nose this way but it turned out pretty cool.  Can't really see in these pics but I built the nose bones in with apoxie. The rest of the cape was as beat up as the nose between battle scars and tick damage.  I'll add a few more pics once the finish work is done in a couple of weeks.

20200218_192438.thumb.jpg.f228217ccd0ef29ca358c4e6634110bc.jpg

20200218_192349.thumb.jpg.8e4292fed7275297585540811ed7f6f9.jpg

20200220_100457.thumb.jpg.5b54ee0204ffa2d4182cf37e15d8d2cd.jpg

20191104_205002.thumb.jpg.4285d788d1fdbec477cfc9cad1ea8e71.jpg.6297232142f63766e3c5e5612048f1b8.jpg

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 10

40 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Thanks. I''m planning on taking significantly fewer heads in this fall...

looks great. that's a mount that drives a story behind it.  so far my effort of putting down a disgustingly large buck for around here is failing miserably.  i'll make sure it's a state record before i shoot to make it worth your services. good to know if i get desperate, i can shoot it in the face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It will probably be an easier approach than trying to match up the missing skin with another cape and then patching it. I plan on making the hole and throwing some apoxie sculpt in it. Nothing too fancy.

Lets get some close ups on that nose hole...looks great from afar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1