The Official Haven't Killed a Buck Thread

Five Seasons

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

well who is still here with me?

I'm still here with you. Seems like this year is my year for small bucks. I have passed a bunch of young bucks and have only seen one shooter buck, a nice mature 8Pt, so far this season. Actually drew back on him at 15yds but he never presented a shot before taking off after the doe again. Had a small buck grunting and chasing yesterday and another small buck grunting and chasing today but no big boys.

I'm still with you as well.  We have a 4 month old in the house along with our 3.5 yo daughter. I'm on paternity leave and my wife is back to work.  So I"m playing Mr. Mom this season.  I've gotten out back a few times with my bow but nothing to write home about...except that I had four different bucks (small 10, nice 8, scrawny little 6 and a typical 4) walk within 60 yards during archery but was not able to get them to move in any closer.   I've seen one doe since opening morning.  I head to PA for the new Saturday opener after Thanksgiving which will be fun and I"m putting most of my eggs in that basket.  I don't expect much to transpire here in NY for me this year, but I'll be able sneak out here and there.  I go back to the grind the week of MZ season, not sure how that will pan out either.  The other big issue is that I've had a hell of time gaining access to land here in northeastern 3M.  Starting to get to the point of looking for/asking for leases.  Our 3 1/2 year old has taken an interest in what I'm up to relative to hunting, but I don't think I'm ready for her to venture out with me just yet.

36 minutes ago, JALA RUT said:

I'm still here with you. Seems like this year is my year for small bucks. I have passed a bunch of young bucks and have only seen one shooter buck, a nice mature 8Pt, so far this season. Actually drew back on him at 15yds but he never presented a shot before taking off after the doe again. Had a small buck grunting and chasing yesterday and another small buck grunting and chasing today but no big boys.

same man. nothing but small yearlings.

cut my finger pretty bad last night on a santoku knife while washing dishes.  Six stitches on my right index finger above the second knuckle this morning...yup, my trigger finger.  The good times keep on rolling along!  Guess I'll have to train myself on using my middle finger instead.  I am firmly entrenched in this group.

Now that the snow is gone, and the dumber ones have been killed off, it is going to be tough to get out of this god-forsaken group.   If I can pass along just one  little tip to help you all, it would be to use your smartphones to look at a Bible app, rather than constantly  lamenting you current situation.   Start with Matthew 29, the part about Him knowing where every sparrow falls.  If you want Him to provide you with a buck, would it not make sense to study the rule-book at least a little bit ?      There is no such thing as luck.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I knew I wasn’t killing anything this season. On my very first sit this season (10/21) & out of state (Missouri), I found out my Mom died. Sitting in a tree stand & find out my mom died. Too Tough to concentrate. Tough to hunt. My mom hated hunting. She’s laughing in heaven. Psyched for 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yes very sorry to hear about your Mom. I went through this last year with my Mom as well. Definitely not easy but it does get better.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Im glad to hear that... I’m sorry for your loss. Tough season. All day sits and mourning your parent is not easy. Learned a lot & looking forward to next season. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1