The Official Haven't Killed a Buck Thread

Five Seasons

I dont mean to leave this group high and dry but I got a buck this morning at 8:12. Heard a buck grunting off in the distance but couldn't see him. So, I made a couple doe estrus bleats and within 30 seconds I could hear a deer coming. In came a medium sized 8Pt looking for the doe. I think it was the same one I passed at 11 yds during bow and maybe the same one I passed on yesterday at 70yds. He was out of passes this late in the season and offering a chip shot at about 35yds. Plus it was pretty cool that I called him in. Good luck to the rest out there working to bail from the group.

• Like 7

I am definitely (unfortunately) a member of this club :sorry:. Also a member of the no doe club. Seen sooo many deer this year. Passed one here, busted by one there...That's been my whole season. Getting frustrated. May have to start using Burmese tiger traps or TNT. Cant' wait till shotgun season in January!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna kill everything I see lol! :hunter-smiley-face:

Sorry boys, I'm out.  Sort of.  In the last 10 minutes of the regular season I got a 3pt.  Was a 4 but he had one broken off already.  Then when I took hold of him they both came off in my hands!  Now I know how Charlie Brown feels.  One more day and he would've been a doe.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, covert said:

Sorry boys, I'm out.  Sort of.  In the last 10 minutes of the regular season I got a 3pt.  Was a 4 but he had one broken off already.  Then when I took hold of him they both came off in my hands!  Now I know how Charlie Brown feels.  One more day and he would've been a doe.

hmmm. Well we're not discriminatory here. So you decide what gender that buck falls in and you can remain or leave. All are welcome :)

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Haven't gotten a single deer yet. The first full season skunking I've had in a long long time. Maybe ever. Hope that just means I'll slay a shit ton of coyotes now

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

it's not skunk, when you haven't hunted since the Reagan administration

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Reagan was the best president prior to Trump! TRUMP 2020!!!! Also I did do a sit Saturday afternoon. Saw nothing

Oh, we wouldn't know since you don't update the live from the woods!!! or did you? maybe i missed it while at a wedding

Oh, we wouldn't know since you don't update the live from the woods!!! or did you? maybe i missed it while at a wedding
Nah it wasn't post worthy. Got my trailer hitch installed on my hot new Lexus and then drove to my honey hole then realized I forgot my release at home after talking to the owner then raced the 2 miles back home then came back parked and went to my stand. Saw nothing but half dozen squirrs

Just now, The Jerkman said:

Nah it wasn't post worthy. Got my trailer hitch installed on my hot new Lexus and then drove to my honey hole then realized I forgot my release at home after talking to the owner then raced the 2 miles back home then came back parked and went to my stand. Saw nothing but half dozen squirrs

all information is important, especially when it relates to Region 3. My buddy who lives in Yorktown had a big buck walking down the road on the sunday afternoon. on Saturday I saw a big bodied deer on the side of route 202 with its head cut off. The 2nd rut is on like donkey kong!

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

all information is important, especially when it relates to Region 3. My buddy who lives in Yorktown had a big buck walking down the road on the sunday afternoon. on Saturday I saw a big bodied deer on the side of route 202 with its head cut off. The 2nd rut is on like donkey kong!

Hey Biz-R-OWorld.... do you remember the Moretti Boat Dealership on Route 202 ?  I saw a monster buck in the woods across the street from them many years ago. They grow huge in Westchester. 

4 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

Hey Biz-R-OWorld.... do you remember the Moretti Boat Dealership on Route 202 ?  I saw a monster buck in the woods across the street from them many years ago. They grow huge in Westchester. 

No, I don't. I grew up in Putnam County, but yes there are huge ones in westchester with all the non-hunting land and bow only rules.

9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

No, I don't. I grew up in Putnam County, but yes there are huge ones in westchester with all the non-hunting land and bow only rules.

Are you familiar with Yorktown ? Moretti’s was on the right side of 202 after you come off of the Annsville circle. 

Just now, Water Rat said:

Are you familiar with Yorktown ? Moretti’s was on the right side of 202 after you come off of the Annsville circle. 

I'm familiar with it now, but not years ago.Is that the circle near the old "Reef & Beef" restaurant before you go around Bear Mtn?

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I'm familiar with it now, but not years ago.Is that the circle near the old "Reef & Beef" restaurant before you go around Bear Mtn?

Yes. Remember people crab fishing off the bridge ? They used to race remote control boats there too. 

• Like 1