The Official Haven't Killed a Buck Thread

Five Seasons

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I know that. But I meant having the quality you have around to be able to turn down quality 2.5's is what many envy.

The one I shot was nothing special and I had passed better this year.  But the quality of the hunt, the excitement is what made me release the arrow.  Yes, the 2 properties I hunt have decent bucks but it’s not the Midwest.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

The one I shot was nothing special and I had passed better this year.  But the quality of the hunt, the excitement is what made me release the arrow.  Yes, the 2 properties I hunt have decent bucks but it’s not the Midwest.  

approximately what 40yd-time did you run from stand to stand? When I read that story, I envisioned Elmo's drone catching it all on video.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

approximately what 40yd-time did you run from stand to stand? When I read that story, I envisioned Elmo's drone catching it all on video.

It was pretty darn quick. I got a text telling me about the buck running a doe. followed right up by one that said he switched stands followed by one that said the buck was down. 

1 minute ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

It was pretty darn quick. I got a text telling me about the buck running a doe. followed right up by one that said he switched stands followed by one that said the buck was down. 

probably still a 4.46 if i had to guess

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I moved but If I ever ran a 4.46, I wouldn’t be a lawyer.  Lol.  My best was 5.0 at 315lbs.  I only saw one lineman that was truly fast and he ran a 4.6 at camp.  

Now i'm confused. Are you pretending that your name was not Orlando Pace before retiring and changing your name/race?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

no buck for me...yet!! I saw a few,no shots on any of them. My one chance on a doe i took,almost blew that with a liver hit but recovered her late at night. 

I have high hopes for this Friday and the weekend,deer will be moving. The season is not over yet,and even if i dont get one with the bow i will be ok with that. Then on to gun which seems like cheating after bow season,but it is nice to fill the freezer.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 3:47 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I'm not hunting as much as I would like so at least maybe I can help someone out. It is illegal to use a drone for hunting.  Trying to chase moog around though...isn't technically hunting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Archery is in the books unless I hunt Friday night and I dont think I will. I leave for Tempe AZ tomorrow for work and return at midnight Thursday.  Tough season, although I did pass a spike and a 3... so. 

Anyhow, saw 3 nice shooter bucks within 60 yards out of about 15 or so sits. Just never had lady luck on my side this year and they never came within range. 

Poor some out for Belo and wish him a better gun season.

Archery is in the books unless I hunt Friday night and I dont think I will. I leave for Tempe AZ tomorrow for work and return at midnight Thursday.  Tough season, although I did pass a spike and a 3... so. 
Anyhow, saw 3 nice shooter bucks within 60 yards out of about 15 or so sits. Just never had lady luck on my side this year and they never came within range. 
Poor some out for Belo and wish him a better gun season.

I’m not pouring anything out for a guy that was in Az this week! It’s frickin freezing here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have yet to see a mature buck this year in New York.  I have seen and had opportunities with small bucks.

I have been hunting a doe bedding area this last week and have seen plenty of doe family units and no bucks. Not sure what’s going on, I wonder if these doe were already bred.