Advice hit a good buck

BBDEric

3 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

Went with your gut feeling. Terrific!  

Hard decision. I have a hand full of guys. Rain stopped by 9pm so we new blood trail if any wasn't going get worse over night. Let's hop the totes left him alone. 35 degrees here. 

1 minute ago, BBDEric said:

Hard decision. I have a hand full of guys. Rain stopped by 9pm so we new blood trail if any wasn't going get worse over night. Let's hop the totes left him alone. 35 degrees here. 

10 minutes ago, BBDEric said:

I let him lay over night. Going in at first good light. Have a dog on stand by. Thanks guys no sleep last night. Going find him within 200 yards I hope.

Good Luck !

34 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Good luck --Hope it works out and he's within 100 yards. I sure do wish folks would not take that quartering to shot with bows. 

I will confess to taking that shot this year, buck mania got the best of me and I made a bad decision. It worked out and hopefully I count my blessings and refrain from taking that shot again. I gave that deer five hours and think I needed every minute of it

• Like 1

had a similar shot on an 8 many years ago. That deer was dead on his feet. Problem was that I just didn't know with the green arrow. Plus, you might run the risk of the exit hole plugging with intestine and no blood trail, which is what happened to me. I grid searched for an hour and luckily found him. Single lung, liver and guts. 

I think the safe thing to do is wait, but if your description is correct and you saw the impact location I would not have waited more than an hour. Just my .02 and late to the party, but good luck!

Edited by Belo

3 minutes ago, BBDEric said:

Getting dog. Tracked good blood 100yards then went into thick goldenrod.  Didn't want to bugger up grid searching. Even with rain there was blood very dark. I think he is within 100 yards

sounds dead. good luck

Getting dog. Tracked good blood 100yards then went into thick goldenrod.  Didn't want to bugger up grid searching. Even with rain there was blood very dark. I think he is within 100 yards
Good move. What crew is coming ? Deer search ?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk