Delmar NY 190+?

UpStateRedNeck

I saw something about this last weekend. Looks legit to me. Delmar being mostly in a bow only zone, grows some BIG bucks! I had a spot around 1984 near the town park that I hunted. Saw some absolute giants in there. I did kill a couple decent ones, but nothing like what I had seen in there.

Just now, GreeneHunter said:

Delmar is 4J .... correct ?

the official hamlet of Delmar is north of Rt32 which would be all in WMU 4J which is bow only. some people still consider parts a little south in 4B to be considered Delmar though. i'm pretty sure it's legit. sent a text to confirm. big bucks there due to lack of access to private land. "the Delmar buck" decades ago got poached and scored over 200". DEC brings it to different events despite it needs to be remounted. lol

8 minutes ago, Billdogge said:

I worked for the Town of Bethlehem Water Dept for years. I've seen some monsters. Bow only and hard to get a place to hunt. Suburb hunting at it's finest.

Buddy of mine has a nice patch right in the middle of it, in that little ravine between Delaware Ave and Elm.  Bucks don't get big bodies, but they do get nice racks!  Look like ponies.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

Vooresville and Delmar arent far apart. It got taken in southwest Albany county. That's all people are going to get. Lol I know who's mounting it but not the hunter.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Huh? Delmar is classified as Albany by those of who live out this way. Voorheesville is nothing like Delmar.

I have never looked for deer in Delmar, but I can attest to seeing some bruisers in the early mornings driving RT85 to go to Shop Rite in Slingerlands before season. I have also seen some really nice bucks just before exit 23 going into Delmar, and even past that in the fields by the soccer place, I think it's exit 21 ( I don't travel highways much, so this one might be off ).

Voorheesville, Slingerlands, Delmar, Elsmere....that whole area has pockets of Giant bucks! Limited access, and bow only, insures they get some age on em. And age is the number one factor in BIG bucks. I know these areas very well. And have seen mega giants in all of them over the years. Even gained a couple small places to hunt here and there, but didn't put much effort into them. Just couldn't get used to hunting small woodlots surrounded by houses, with dogs barking, and kids playing. Just not my style.

• Like 5

That's a slammer ! Absolute toad.

I'd like to see the actual inches after dry time and a pro puts a tape on it,or see what @Biz-R-OWorld scores it at. That doesn't look like 200" of antler.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Not by a long shot

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That'll be a top 10 NYS buck right?

Top 10 in what category?

I'll bet top 3 in state.  Have we confirmed town ?

Top 3 in what? If scored as non typical, I believe the NYS record is 244” and archery non typical is 210” and there are several bucks between 210” and 244” in the books including a ML 221”

That's a slammer ! Absolute toad.

I'd like to see the actual inches after dry time and a pro puts a tape on it,or see what @Biz-R-OWorld scores it at. That doesn't look like 200" of antler.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Agree. I’d be interested to see how it scores. I don’t see 200” gross. Certainly nowhere close net. Right side is basically a clean 5 with a sticker. But the left side has that split G2 and a bunch of other “abnormal points”. It won’t sniff any NYS records regardless of how it’s scored.

But great buck of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk