I Think It's Time To Buy A ML'er

DirtTime

I enjoyed my couple of bow hunts up north a couple weeks ago greatly. Full on fair chase, me against the woods and the deer.

I did notice one thing I didn't like though, trying to get through some of the brush I had to maneuver through had my bow and the arrows catching up on everything. Seeing my arrows bend like that wasn't reassuring in some ways. I did a flex tests on each arrow once I was in areas that I could see little ways. Some may say I was over thinking, but I have seen what a shattered carbon arrow can do, so I was just trying to be safe for me and any deer I may have got a shot at.

Enter the past few days.....

We are going back up next year for the same time frame, meaning it will be the first week of the ML season up there. I can maneuver a firearm a bit easier through brush then I can my bow.

So, I think it's actually time I bought a ML'er.

Edited by DirtTime
Spell check eats rabbit droppings!
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

I did notice one thing I didn't like though, trying to get through some of the brush I had to maneuver through had my bow and the arrows catching up on everything. Seeing my arrows bend like that wasn't reassuring in some ways. I did a flex tests on each arrow once I was in areas that I could see little ways. Some may say I was over thinking, but I have seen what a shattered carbon arrow can do, so I was just trying to be safe for me and any deer I may have got a shot at.

So, I think it's actually time I bought a ML'er.

Ahh OK.  Not a great reason to take up ML'r hunting but whatever works for you. 

Edited by Lawdwaz

21 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Maybe don't listen to the weatherman next year LOL

I probably won't. LOL. Just going to get up and go if it's not raining.

20 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Ahh OK.  Not a great reason to take up ML'r hunting but whatever works for you. 

As always, I thank you for your words of wisdom oh "Grand Master Of Snarkiness". I will sleep better knowing I have your approval on what works for me. No, really! You're approval means a lot to me! Betting even Storm comes up with a better post, I see him sniffing down in the who's looking areas of this thread.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

I probably won't. LOL. Just going to get up and go if it's not raining.

As always, I thank you for your words of wisdom oh "Grand Master Of Snarkiness". I will sleep better knowing I have your approval on what works for me. No, really! You're approval means a lot to me! Betting even Storm comes up with a better post, I see him sniffing down in the who's looking areas of this thread.

So you go walking around the woods/brush with a bow and find it gets hung up?  Amazing......

That my friend is elementary.  Sorry

22 hours ago, Skillet said:

I love my muzzleloaders. Only gun I use for deer anymore. You thinking traditional or inline? 

Only asking because inlines suck. LoL, jk.

Inline. Actually looking at the Traditions Buckstalker right now. But not in a hurry to buy anything.

22 hours ago, rachunter said:

Go for it you will  be increasing your odds. Like I said in your other thread I give you a lot of credit trying it up there with a bow.I've hunted the last 2 ML seasons up there and its a little warm for me,but I had the Whole park to myself. 

I loved my time out with the bow. I wouldn't hesitate to hunt that way again now that I have had some boots on the ground in the area. Just leaning towards putting the odds more in my favor, as you said. Also, as anyone who hunts up that way knows, it can be thicker then the line to the rest rooms on New Years Eve in a lot of areas.

Over all, it's just a decision I made. I really don't care what the brown liquor sippers think.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Inline. Actually looking at the Traditions Buckstalker right now. But not in a hurry to buy anything.

I loved my time out with the bow. I wouldn't hesitate to hunt that way again now that I have had some boots on the ground in the area. Just leaning towards putting the odds more in my favor, as you said. Also, as anyone who hunts up that way knows, it can be thicker then the line to the rest rooms on New Years Eve in a lot of areas.

Over all, it's just a decision I made. I really don't care what the brown liquor sippers think.

I see you miss me .

I know you are dying for me to put my 2 cents in but you already doing what I would do no brainer muzzleloader wins .

1 hour ago, Hunter007 said:

I see you miss me .

I know you are dying for me to put my 2 cents in but you already doing what I would do no brainer muzzleloader wins .

I miss you like I would miss moths eating my camping gear. LOL!

I made my comment about you because I figured even you would have something more constructive to add to this then a couple of people who replied. I wasn't wrong. You actually added something to this thread, not just brow bashing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

I miss you like I would miss moths eating my camping gear. LOL!

I made my comment about you because I figured even you would have something more constructive to add to this then a couple of people who replied. I wasn't wrong. You actually added something to this thread, not just brow bashing.

I believe you know as much or more then most the guys on here .   

So I'm not going to tell you your business.  You know what I mean .