What to do .

Nytracker

I asked the wife today if she was hunting next weekend . She said no . She has no interest in being cold . She doesn't like being out in the woods  with the bears. She understands they are more afraid of her  than she of them .

Kind of a gut punch. 

She hasn't hunted the last 2 years. But this is the first flat out no.

I asked her if I built her a shoot house with a heater  would she go . I got maybe.  

Dont knowing it's worth building a house for her or not .

After 30 years  i dont really want to traid her in.  

She has shot 3 deer . 

She likes being in the woods and watching critters .  Guess I will look at building a shoot house  . I guess even if she doesn't  use it  I could during bad weather.

Yup build a nice comphy shooting house. She will feel safe and cozy and can read and watch wildlife even if she doesn’t want to shoot one.

I built one to start the kids out and I gotta admit late season when it’s shitty I I do enjoy being a wimp and hunting out of it lol!

I’m in it right now on my daughters 3 rd hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob good luck with it I have been all over just looking for warm hunting clothes for wife . Sent an entire she safari suit back  a few years ago .  She said it didn't fit a woman .. it was made for a girl that hasn't had 3 kids ....  I have to be honest .... I like the way she filled out the top... but it was pretty  snug.  

I purchased  the thermacell foot heaters . She wasn't impressed. They went back. Looks like it's going to be a shooting house next year.

Haha... Build the fortress. My wife on the other hand is not allowed to hunt with me. That's our healthy away time from eachother.

My friend hunts with his girlfriend I hate when they join me.. All she does is wound deer because she doesn't practice much at all... So we track for hours and hours.

I say if your wife kills deer then make accommodations for her! 

• Like 1

Even a modest enclosed hut gives the leeway for a portable heater and a nice thick wrap on the legs/ etc, and a thermos of coffee. I have a small enclosed hut about 7 foot off the ground with an easy access ladder/step into it, just for the real sloppy stuff, so I at least have a reason to still get out if it is otherwise too nasty.

7 hours ago, rob-c said:

My wife as she’s getting older is loosing some interest also, says the same thing about the cold. Going to do some serous research on the electric heated clothing for her. 

My boyfriend just ordered heated pants today, they will go with his heated vest and jacket. He can not handle the cold what so ever

• Like 1