Your gun and caliber for the SZ opener ..

rob-c

I'm torn between my Remington woodsmaster 742 in .30-06, Savage Axis in .25-06 (New Purchase), Winchester Model 70 in 300 Win Mag(New Purchase) or my Savage 212 with a Nikon Slughunter shooting Remington Premier Expander.  Decisions, decisions, decisions. 

Edited by Rack Em Up

33 minutes ago, Rack Em Up said:

Decisions, decisions, decisions. 

There is absolutely NO decisions to make for me.  I will be using the same gun that I have been using since 1985 when I bought it.   A Remington 700 in .270.  I have other guns capable of taking deer, but I am not the type to be switching to something else since this gun has done the trick.  Some guys take gun A on a rainy day or gun B on a sunny day or gun C for brushy areas.  I am certainly NOT one of those people.  The same gun will get the nod no matter what.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

If in shotgun zone 1187 

If I go farther up to rifle zone  257 weatherby mag  mark v 

The 257 is a sweet gun. If i lived in rifle county i would own that gun. Have you hunted this year yet? Haven't seen much reporting from you

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The 257 is a sweet gun. If i lived in rifle county i would own that gun. Have you hunted this year yet? Haven't seen much reporting from you

Nope Only went small game  hunting so far this year ,  in Florida now getting back Wednesday . 

Edited by Hunter007

I was surprised to see that a lot of hunters are using a 7mm-08. I thought I was a rare exception. My Savage Trophy Hunter in 7mm'-08 has downed several deer. All were 1 shot kills behind the shoulder shots. Recoil is very light and meat damage is minimal with the 7mm-08. It will be with me on opening day and throughout the gun season.        valoroutdoors.com 

• Like 2