Your gun and caliber for the SZ opener ..

rob-c

Even though we are in a rifle area now I can not stray from my 12ga 1100 with a red dot scope for opening weekend. I will have my savage 30-.06 and new Ruger 6.5 creedmore with me as well but they wont come out unless the 12ga knocks one down Saturday. 
Switch it up am go with the .30-.06! My all time favorite caliber and absolutely hits like a jack hammer!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I am a bolt rifle guy and depending on the weather I will use a Ruger77 (wood stock) .257 Roberts w/120gr Nosler partition or Ruger77 (synthetic black/SS) .270Win w/130gr Nosler partition. The partitions have never let me down, there the only bullet coming out of my deer rifles. Oh, and both have Leupold tubes on them. FT

Edited by Freytown
  • Like 2

I'll probably have the rem 700 in 30-06 my dad gave me. He got it from Xerox as a perfect attendance award a long time ago. Good luck getting a gun as an award from a corporation today. My other options are a rem 6 mm or my trusty 12 gauge 870.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 6:52 AM, rob-c said:

I really hope you get one with it. A photo of that fine revolver would be appreciated,  Those Dan Wesson’s are awesome revolvers ...

Thanks Rob, I will talk to him this week about it, and once I have it here I will let you know.

• Like 1

Just added a Savage model 16 in 308 with a Nikon Prostaff BDC 3 - 9 to the gun cabinet. Got it sighted in today,  I’m very happy with her. My first bolt action gun, with being left handed they are a little difficult to find in stores. She liked the Winchester ammo over Hornady so that’s the plan.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 10:37 PM, mike103 said:

Remington 7600 in either 35 Rem or 35 Whelen.

Ok I changed my mind.

Went out yesterday and checked zero on my Remington 750 Woodsmaster in 35 Whelen.

Just has a feeling so I switched.

• Like 1

Ithaca Model 37 12 gauge with deer slayer barrel.  My father gave it to me for xmas 15 years ago.  Bought it new on 9/13/73. for $79.99.  Gave me the owners manual with all the info along with the gun.  Heck of a lot more expensive these days to buy a new one of them 

• Like 4

On 11/10/2019 at 6:16 PM, rob-c said:

Wife will be taking her Weatherby Camilla  7-08.
Son will be taking his Marlin 30-30 .

Myself I’ll be taking for the first time ever is my grand dad’s 300 Savage 99,  My dad gave it to me probably 15 years ago. I just loved hunting with my revolvers so it sat in the cabinet. So I decided this year it’s the only gun I am carrying. Looking forward to taking a deer with my grandpas savage. 

Me too! Grandfather's Model 99 Savage .300 will be spending its first opening day with me. 

• Like 4