pistol carry?

Trad1

Those aren't pistols. THIS is a pistol. lol. 

I won't have it this weekend becasue the frame will by accompanying the Fieldd to Form mentee i am taking out but it will be dressed with a laminate thumbhole stock and a 308 rifle barrel. 

I plan on carrying it on Thanksgiving weekend though. 

2012-03-25_17-49-12_294.jpg

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I won't have it this weekend becasue the frame will by accompanying the Filed to Form mentee i am taking out but it will be dressed with a laminate thumbhole stock and a 308 rifle barrel. 

That’s a rifle that was left In the dryer to long.. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I carry a Ruger "Security Six" .357 with a 4" barrel in a 2A chest holster most times hunting and backwoods brook trout fishing in the Adk's....during trapping season I switch up to a Browning Buckmark .22 pistol....
I've got the same security six, I love that gun. Surprisingly easy to shoot well at distance!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I used to carry my Super Blackhawk. I decided to carry it one day to slowly work across a cedar swamp up north. Just after I started, I saw the largest buck I have yet to see sneaking through the browse toward me. I thought to myself...I am about to shoot my best ever buck, the first day carrying this....at that point the buck snorted, saw me, elevated 12 feet into the air and about faced, didnt touch down for about 300 yards.

At that time I looked at the Ruger and said knowingly to myself..."If I had any of my long guns, i would have had him...."  well, maybe...

At any rate, I decided then and there that if I was serious about this sport, I should be using what I shoot best, and havent carried a handgun hunting since. At one time I carried either the blackhawk or my model 28 but decided there was absolutely no reason to carry all that extra weight.

For me personally, I won't handicap myself by using a handgun as my primary choice. I've invested a lot in rifles, scopes, ammo and range time dialing them in. That's why I have them. Handgun hunting just isn't my thing for some reason. Maybe that will change some day.

• Like 1

Super Blackhawk.44 in a Kenai chest rig. 2 years ago this happened on opening day with daughter sitting next to me. Neither could get long guns off our lap as 2 came flying by   I shot and bang , thump. Ears were tucked and trucking   I verbally got them to stop. Thought I burnt my buck tag for a second but daughter measured and all good. 63 yard shot 

EBB15874-CC17-496B-AEE0-672FA04F2AE0.jpeg

• Like 5

My hardest decision  is deciding which  one to carry. My go to is a super rehawk in 480 topped with an ultradot.  Or  super blackhawk  hunter in 44 mag . I have a super blackhawk in 41 mag that needs some love to . Those are my woods guns . If I'm hunting fields I have a contender in 357max or encore in 308.

• Like 3

.380 in pocket holster .....

For Deer I sometimes I carry S&W 586, .357 with the old Black Talon rounds .

In the, past I hunted with a Dan Wesson SS 8 inch heavy barrel . 44. Mag, open sights , that was one soft shooting .44 mag !

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nomad said:

.380 in pocket holster .....

For Deer I sometimes I carry S&W 586, .357 with the old Black Talon rounds .

In the, past I hunted with a Dan Wesson SS 8 inch heavy barrel . 44. Mag, open sights , that was one soft shooting .44 mag !

I was really surprised at how little kick the .44 has, like you said soft.  

29 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I was really surprised at how little kick the .44 has, like you said soft.  

50 of my full tilt hunting rounds in my 44 vs 50 self  defense  rounds  in my lcr38+p . Ill feel it a bit in the web of my hand after the lcr session.  

5 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I won't have it this weekend becasue the frame will by accompanying the Fieldd to Form mentee i am taking out but it will be dressed with a laminate thumbhole stock and a 308 rifle barrel. 

Back before we could use rifles here, I had a Rem XP-100 in .260 Rem that I used mostly for watching field edges later in the season.. It had a Burris 4x  compact scope and a bipod...I killed six or seven deer with it, a couple over 200 yards..Always shot it either over a hay bale or lying flat on my stomach, except for one close shot in the woods when I rested against a tree...

I  installed QD sling studs on the butt and the forend and  slung it under my right arm when I was carrying it... I considered it a "handrifle" and when rifles became legal, I sold it, because I knew I would never use it again...

• Like 1