Ideas or ways you keep yourself warm on stand

rob-c

I haven't been to my lease since the snow fell Monday.....I am praying a ground blind I left up survived tucked into a few pines.....if not I have a stand real close I can hop into. Would prefer the blind so I can fire up a heater to take the chill off.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

On 11/13/2019 at 12:19 PM, mlammerhirt said:

5) Stay in shape so you don't sweat your "a..." off walking to your spot. 

Usually as deer season rolls around I am in the best shape/condition of the year. Spend most of my fall refereeing college soccer and still have no problem running with division 1 athletes in their prime. I start to sweat the minute I put gear in my truck......have always had sweated like this and just need to have a change of socks to combat cold feet!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I never sweat unless I get nervous.  I did on opening day of crossbow season this year, when I struggled for almost an hour to find the carcass of the 3.5 year old eight-point that I had just center-punched thru the lungs (I thought he was a 2.5, until I skinned the skull and put it up against a few others for comparison last night).  His rack was huge (by my standards) but his body significantly smaller then the 3.5's that I had killed on the previous two years.   

I swore that I heard him crash in a nearby thicket, but a last minute false trail and what must have been another deer,  had led me in the wrong direction.  I'd have got the guts out of him a lot quicker (and sweated a lot less), had I just followed the blood all the way to the carcass like you are supposed to do.   I was pretty well drenched when I finally found him and did get the guts out.    

11 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

tomorrow it'll be a combo of UA cold gear base and then Scentlok late season parka and pants. if it's stupidly cold i'll actually tote my Klim snowmbile gear with coverup jacket and pants but my jacket has a broken zipper.

With the helmet and face shield for the win ! 

With the helmet and face shield for the win ! 
I run a snocross helmet and goggles. Still no skin exposed at all. Their designed for air circulation though otherwise it gets a little foggy even with double lenses. I'd need to have 40+ mph winds to see. I dont think the deer would appreciate that.
d419ce811ed1a20593d857f385ccd85d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Or to my dismay XS. I’m Irish   But like my grampa used to say “ son , if you can’t touch the back , bang the heck outta the sides “

I was gonna say it would be roomy for me, but hey I could fit a hand warmer in there.

• Haha 1

On 11/14/2019 at 5:50 PM, Bigbuckdown2019 said:

Ok I took an old shirt and cut it into hand warmer size pieces and I sewed 2 on the back area of the turtleneck and 2 on the front side that will hold hand warmers. 4 on the shirt maybe to much but will find out Saturday. I may expand this to my under armour bottoms maybe 1 per leg, poor man's version I guess. Stop laughing at my stitch job, I forgot alot since home ec class!

KIMG1580.JPG

This worked out awesome, I was toasty warm this am, not even a bit cold after 3 hrs this am, different story for me feet. Cheap and effective warmth.

This year I went with battery operated gloves $30 Amazon (rechargeable batteries) my military surplus Mickey boots with 2 socks and a foot warmers. 3 layers of clothes and a Milwaukee battery sweatshirt. And a full cover hat. I can go 6 hours like nothing in 16 degrees like today. I could have stayed longer but I had to pee and I didn't see anything all morning. Tonight 8 does all around me and I was fine until it was dark and I could hear the coyotes REAL CLOSE

On 11/12/2019 at 3:03 PM, rob-c said:

Figured we all could benefit from ways we keep ourselves warm on stand. 
Something I started doing was placing a body size hot hand on top my head under my wool hat. I actually was shocked how quickly it warmed  me up the first time I did it. 
I allways put deodorant on my feet so they won’t sweat, a preventive measure. 

So what’s some creative ways you all use? 

I been using this vest the past week.  I got one for my son and son in law too.  I also bought a 10,000Mah battery so for less than $100 you are toasty.  https://www.amazon.com/Vinmori-Electric-Washable-Adjustable-Charging/dp/B07WRCBNMB/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=vinmori&qid=1573000879&sr=8-1&th=1  Also a knit neck warmer 

• Like 1

This year I went with battery operated gloves $30 Amazon (rechargeable batteries) my military surplus Mickey boots with 2 socks and a foot warmers. 3 layers of clothes and a Milwaukee battery sweatshirt. And a full cover hat. I can go 6 hours like nothing in 16 degrees like today. I could have stayed longer but I had to pee and I didn't see anything all morning. Tonight 8 does all around me and I was fine until it was dark and I could hear the coyotes REAL CLOSE

Can you not pee with that gear in due to fear of electrocution?
My toes were burnt frozen by 8:30 today. By 9:00 they lost feeling so i was able to stay posted until 11:00 when I started a push/bump drive for the two guys
I was with- one saw a good 8 dogging a doe to one area that I tried to move back to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk