trail cam addiction

2012_taco

I think i have an addiction to trail cam pics! I love it when you get lucky enough to harvest a buck but I really love it when I can go back and look at pics of the deer from earlier in the season and even previous years!

Here is a pic of my buck shot on Monday from about 1 week ago and 2 weeks ago. It's a shame he busted off all his points

my buck 11-4-19.png

my buck 10-30-19.png

Edited by 2012_taco
added text.
  • Like 11

I have some out year round, but I have 8 out now. It sure is a lot of fun.  Switching to Browning's and having them all take 30 second or 1 min video was the best thing I ever did. Pictures are great but watching the video is way up over the top more fun!

I connect my pc to the big screen TV and turn up the volume to watch. It's a blast.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rachunter said:

I didn’t run any cams this year. After talking with my older brother about the days we never knew what was there until it showed up. I have to admit I like see the pics, but like the surprise too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not as much interested in WHAT is out there as much as WHERE they are. My time in the woods is limited so it's nice to have cameras on the possible areas and see what part of the property they are currently using.

• Like 1

I also have a problem with trail cams. I'm running five cell cams on my 90 acres. Every morning is like Christmas, you just don't know what will be on them when you wake up and check. This year it's been lots of coyotes so my usual deer pics have slacked off. This is my target coyote. Lots of pics of it.

Screenshot_20191114-081611.png

13 hours ago, Nytracker said:

19 cameras dude you have a problem. 

Lol - 17 cams right now on 86 acres. And I've got a spots I'd like to put a few more out on.

I'm starting to get forgetful as to where I have them. Went out last weekend to switch all of the cards and came home and counted 16 cards. Took me a bit, but I figured out which one I forgot (at least I'm pretty sure). Takes a fair bit of time to go through them.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 7:16 PM, 2012_taco said:

I think i have an addiction to trail cam pics! I love it when you get lucky enough to harvest a buck but I really love it when I can go back and look at pics of the deer from earlier in the season and even previous years!

Here is a pic of my buck shot on Monday from about 1 week ago and 2 weeks ago. It's a shame he busted off all his points

my buck 11-4-19.png

my buck 10-30-19.png

That deer is quite close to the joker i got on Opening morning. but Im in 8P

• Like 1

I'm down in total number of cams this year but up significantly in cell cams. Only running around 35 cams right now instead of the ~50 normally, but 25 of them are cell cams. Expensive but they are making it more of a scouting tool. It's easier to see patterns and actions with cell cams because you aren't looking at one cam at a time from a location. 

You start to ID pretty quickly when behaviors change in near-real time. There is alot of value in that understanding when it comes to hunting strategy. 

• Like 2