trail cam addiction

2012_taco

2 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

Do you think the Spartan is really worth the extra $$ ?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Spartan is worth the extra money for a variety of reasons. The Spartan will send HD vids with sound, you can batch send at specific times (rather than at set intervals chosen by other makers), the HD image request allows for significant zoom in on detail which becomes important when dealing with a specific buck, or a trespasser, etc. Likewise, it has active GPS that once stolen and turned off, still sends a location because of the internal LI-ION battery, which also extends battery life around 20% of their earlier models. Plus it has the ability to resend transmission if it is dropped, which often results in a 98%+ transmission rate. Most other cams without the redial capability hover in the 80-90%. The camera has an external antenna which has two upgrade options for low signal areas vs. an internal antenna that is all or nothing. You can control the app with admin privileges and give guest viewer access that limits control capabilities.There's more but these are some the ways that the added cost drives a better user experience. I'll post an example of zoom capability.

These are a little degraded since I blew up the second pic, but it gets you detail you need when it's important. 

People have gathered license plate numbers, even back tag numbers from sent images.

Spartan 3.png

Spartan 4.png

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

@phade I see there are several cell Spartan Cam models available. Which do you suggest? I might be interested in getting back in the game next year (and would be in touch). My last and only cell cam was from you years ago (2G) in 2016. It worked great while it lasted and I was excited every morning to wake up and check my phone lol.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

@phade I see there are several cell Spartan Cam models available. Which do you suggest? I might be interested in getting back in the game next year (and would be in touch). My last and only cell cam was from you years ago (2G) in 2016. It worked great while it lasted and I was excited every morning to wake up and check my phone lol.

Ghost is the newest model. The regular Gocams are good but have some aged technology/limited features. The batch send and the battery life performance are probably the two biggest reasons IMO.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Here's one of your NYC brothers, lol. At least he's upstate now!

Ghost.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Why would you even post it ?

Cuz he thought it was a trail cam pic sent to his phone from is cell cam...that crafty photo editor wizard JeremyK made it look like an actual pic that is typically sent to his phone...with friends like those!!!!!
Amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Haha this was an epic evening. TCIII did a great job of disguising the email to look like it came from Spartan, but we needed Sodfather to check his email. So finally after waiting 8-9 hours I made up a story about how I read on Bowsite that the Spartan app and texting was down, so only email was working. Finally sodfather found the email in his junk folder and the rest is history. It provides laughs for quite a while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

EPIC. I don’t know if I have ever seen someone’s chain yanked so hard!

Yea i got him a few months ago too. Put in a request for an estimate to his secretary. I used the name “Patrick Mahomes”, listed the address of a local strip club, and put TCIII’s cell number.

Oh and last year I got SodFather and TCIII on Instagram. I had a fake barstool sports account and asked them if I could use their duck hunting picture in exchange for swag apparel. They started ordering hockey sweatshirts

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea i got him a few months ago too. Put in a request for an estimate to his secretary. I used the name “Patrick Mahomes”, listed the address of a local strip club, and put TCIII’s cell number.

Oh and last year I got SodFather and TCIII on Instagram. I had a fake barstool sports account and asked them if I could use their duck hunting picture in exchange for swag apparel. They started ordering hockey sweatshirts

Yikes! I will know not to ever cross your path!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Wheres my sweatshirt??

• Haha 1