So what's your self imposed restrictions for the SZ opner?

mowin

There are/was two with way bigger racks around and very large bodies as well. I’m no trophy hunter, and most years Im happy with a nice 2 1/2 , and don’t always get that . Some years I luck out though .

good luck everyone .

Edited by Nomad

3 minutes ago, Skillet said:

Never killed a buck with my muzzleloader, so that's my goal this year.

Would like to hold out for a good buck, but we'll see how I feel if an opportunity comes along.

I havent either. I let a 1.5 walk on the final day last year but I had killed a lot of deer and it seemed like the right thing to do

• Like 1

No fawns or buttons opening day.....like shooting my gun so I can't say 1.5 gets a pass. Have a 13" spiker at one property with good body size that I wouldn't mind shooting....and a funky 3pt. at another property that won't get a pass either. Mature doe is fair game right from the get go......just don't wanna a pull a goose and drop a doe that had a buck in tow!

When my 3 yr. Old joins me sat afternoon or Sunday morning at that point just hoping he gets to see a deer not running 100mph!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Got a buck on the property that I've been chasing for the last two seasons. Seen within 30 yards each year, AFTER my buck tag has been filled! He is at least five years old. And has been seen by multiple people this season. I would love to hold off on the other bucks and take him? But at the very least, I want to shoot a three year old buck. Will just have to see how it all plays out. I just feel grateful to be here, to participate in another season!

Hopefully my grandson will get out with me at some point too. THAT....would make my season more than any buck I may or may not shoot.

• Like 7

Day one, 3 on one side, no does or spikes.

Sunday, it goes down to two on one side (assuming you strike out on day one), does are ok.

Have seen some damn nice bucks on all cams this year so we are gonna be greedy, but I personally have two doe tags (as does my partner) so after day one it is game on for does.