Cell Cams

sodfather

I couldn't get the remote to change anything even with new batteries. You don't even post trail cam pics anyway!
That's because I hoard all my monsters and don't want to let anyone else know about the Awesomeness of my area. Only@crappyice knows and he's been sworn to secrecy under penalty of death. Also@blackbeltbill we saw a flock of 20 turkeys roaming the grounds.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

i really like the idea cell cams. eventually i'll get some. running a couple extremely cheap ones and then plan old Bushnell and Cudde's that have lasted a long time now and still keep running.  i put them in spots easily accessible but i know will likely pick up target deer if in the area. stand locations and when to hunt them is done the old fashioned way. cell cam idea is really hard not to jump on. especially since i already have verizon and there's a tower right on the farm. service is so good you're missile launching capabilities are better than North Korea. lol

3 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

That's because I hoard all my monsters and don't want to let anyone else know about the Awesomeness of my area. Only@crappyice knows and he's been sworn to secrecy under penalty of death. Also@blackbeltbill we saw a flock of 20 turkeys roaming the grounds.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I don't understand the logic though. You hunt private (not public) with a house on the property, so you don't have to worry about anyone sneaking in to hunt. Also, unless there's a distinct landmark in the trail cam pics how would anyone know where it is anyway?

Biz you would be shocked how brazen people are when it comes to big deer.  They will trespass, jack at night, do whatever it takes once they know where one is.  As far as finding were it is, it the internet age you can figure out who a person is from profiles and then search out tax maps and things to find them.  This stuff happens all the time.

25 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

i really like the idea cell cams. eventually i'll get some. running a couple extremely cheap ones and then plan old Bushnell and Cudde's that have lasted a long time now and still keep running.  i put them in spots easily accessible but i know will likely pick up target deer if in the area. stand locations and when to hunt them is done the old fashioned way. cell cam idea is really hard not to jump on. especially since i already have verizon and there's a tower right on the farm. service is so good you're missile launching capabilities are better than North Korea. lol

My hunting partner killed a 130+ this season due to a cell cam. We flipped coins for the stand on the way in and I lost (in more ways than one, ha). I'd be lying if I said my confidence was anything less than a George Foreman guarantee that we killed that buck that day. Deer was dead by 8:30AM on the first day of rutcation.

Would we have went there without the cell cam? Possibly. The conditions were right, but there were other options to consider, too. This made it clear as daylight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rack Attack said:

Biz you would be shocked how brazen people are when it comes to big deer.  They will trespass, jack at night, do whatever it takes once they know where one is.  As far as finding were it is, it the internet age you can figure out who a person is from profiles and then search out tax maps and things to find them.  This stuff happens all the time.

Yea, I understand. But Jerkman hunts a bow-only spot with a house on the property. 1 gun shots and the entire county worth of cops would be there. same goes for a tresspasser i'm sure

I had a Spypoint Link Micro and was one of the worst purchases I have ever made when it comes to hunting. Then I splurged and got two of the Exodus Trail cams. Rollout was messy, small company and high demand. Now that they are working I will never go back. Good, easy to use app and super good quality product.

Oh, and 5 year warranty on product, and bears AND theft!

3 minutes ago, CapDistPatriot said:

I had a Spypoint Link Micro and was one of the worst purchases I have ever made when it comes to hunting. Then I splurged and got two of the Exodus Trail cams. Rollout was messy, small company and high demand. Now that they are working I will never go back. Good, easy to use app and super good quality product.

Oh, and 5 year warranty on product, and bears AND theft!

what was bad about the micro?

Selling my Exodus Render was one of the best decisions I've made. People are having all kinds of problems - one of my clients has 15 of their cams and is beyond livid at them and the owners. His cam has been a hot mess since day one. FW issues, battery issues, you name it.

My Lift II and Treks are going soon - they very clearly have sensing issues and more people are noticing it. I do like the Lift II processor. The screen can burn through images super fast to review.

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

what was bad about the micro?

Service was terrible. It was supposed to be linked to the ATT network, which I have. At my stand site my cell service was 4 bars, but the camera had no signal. Customer service was unreachable on the phone, only web chat, which was useless. I expected the terrible camera quality, comes with the territory in this price point but the customer service combined with the camera literally not working was a no go for me.

Shutter speed was slow, and app was clunky and poorly put together. At this stage in life I have come to the conclusion that it is worth it to pay more for quality when it comes to things like this.

• Like 3

I have my micro in a high travel area heading from bedding to food at the end of a monster run line and I haven't received a pic in a week. It took a bit to actually purchase a plan, which shouldn't have been that hard.....and now I don't think it is sending pics. When I set it up Sunday it confirmed setup on the app....and have a green light which means strong signal.....so I will pull the card after the morning hunt sat to see what's up.

Before I had to to purchase pics I had the free ones coming like crazy....not sure what's going on.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, CapDistPatriot said:

Service was terrible. It was supposed to be linked to the ATT network, which I have. At my stand site my cell service was 4 bars, but the camera had no signal. Customer service was unreachable on the phone, only web chat, which was useless. I expected the terrible camera quality, comes with the territory in this price point but the customer service combined with the camera literally not working was a no go for me.

Shutter speed was slow, and app was clunky and poorly put together. At this stage in life I have come to the conclusion that it is worth it to pay more for quality when it comes to things like this.

See my prior post. You likely had a 3G nationwide model that was marketed as 4G. Hence why you didn't have service on the cam vs the phone.

• Thanks 1

Just now, phade said:

Selling my Exodus Render was one of the best decisions I've made. People are having all kinds of problems - one of my clients has 15 of their cams and is beyond livid at them and the owners. His cam has been a hot mess since day one. FW issues, battery issues, you name it.

My Lift II and Treks are going soon - they very clearly have sensing issues and more people are noticing it. I do like the Lift II processor. The screen can burn through images super fast to review.

Yeah they should have taken more time to properly execute the roll out and field test them. Once the FW was updated, I have had zero issues. I cannot blame people who were the first to buy them being pissed off and dumping them, though. I simply have more patience to let the company work it out than most.

20 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

What is the typical distance you can safely get between cameras and still have everything work properly?

It really depends on the terrain, obstructions, etc. Mine are in pretty heavily wooded areas with pretty good elevation changes. The furthest one I have from the base station is 600-700 yards or so, and it gets around 80% signal strength. Also, you can use cams as repeaters to increase total distance by kind of daisy chaining them.

8 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

It really depends on the terrain, obstructions, etc. Mine are in pretty heavily wooded areas with pretty good elevation changes. The furthest one I have from the base station is 600-700 yards or so, and it gets around 80% signal strength. Also, you can use cams as repeaters to increase total distance by kind of daisy chaining them.

That's a pretty good stretch between cameras .

34 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

That's a pretty good stretch between cameras .

Yep. According to Cuddeback, you can get over 4 miles from daisy chaining them at 1 mile between each camera. Of course, thats going to be in a flat environment with little obstruction. Probably cut that in half for the type of terrain that we have in NY.