License Tag Color's

erussell

Anyone else get annoyed when they make the tags the same color of the leaves as they did this yr with the tags. The last time they made them brown I shot a doe first day and was gutting her out. I went for my string to tie on the tag and couldn't find it so I set the tag down on the deer and turned around to get the string out of my back pack laying on the ground behind me. I turned back around and the tag was gone and I only had one doe permit!!!!. After walking around down wind for 1/2 an hour I finally found it 20yrds away downhill sticking out from under a leaf. Would have been a lot easier if it was a bright color. Same reason my hunting knife is blaze orange, Set that sucker down after gutting a deer and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Its $40 if you lose all of them at once. Back tag replacement is free. From DEC site...

"Beginning with the 2002/2003 license year a lost license, back tags, big game carcass tag sets and turkey permits may be replaced at any licensing issuing agent for a fee of $5 per license type being replaced and $10 per Carcass Tag Set. For example, replacing a Sportsman, a Bowhunting, a Turkey Permit and a Muzzleloading license would cost $5 x 4 license types equaling $20 and $10 x 4 Carcass tag sets equaling $40. (Even though there are four carcass tags with your turkey permit, they are considered a set and would cost $10 for all four). There is no charge to replace a lost back tag."

It also kinda defeats the purpose of wearing it on your back. Theres no way anyone can read the numbers on it from a distance, it will probably blend right in with your camo!

You already can't read them from a distance since they shrunk them 50%. Remember the old back tags you could read them from 100yrds away : )

Edited by erussell

actually we in the north do not have to wear it is just the opposite, and it shows on the site. I do not see the nz guys complaining about tresspassers illegal crap and acting all geedy. It is so you can pick out all the illegal guys and identify them. I wonder how many tags get read with the aid of a scope. Makes me glad mine is in my pack. I think if I were close enough to read that little number, I could just about shake the hand of the guy wearing it.

Edited by bubba

hope they come out with the doe in estrus edition tags.... LOL

just walk around the woods with a scratch n sniff back tag

I'm thinking I don't want to walk around with a doe-in-heat tag hanging on my back!!! I'll doze off under a tree and wake up with a big ol' buck right there with lust in his eyes! :spiteful:

I would like to see the person who has eyes that could read the old tags from 100 yards with the naked eye. You guys need to spend more time hunting and less time reading back tags through scopes. Everyone would have more fun. And actually blue is not a color to wear when turkey hunting either.

Edited by bubba