Help Identify This Slob

Salmon_Run

8 minutes ago, Salmon_Run said:

That's a pretty clear pic - I'd bet they already know who it is. Hope they get him!

• Like 3

I’d bet he lives very nearby , and a hunter , camo hat, gloves and possibly boots . Not to smart , the orange shirt not the  best for sneaking around , and you gotta know there’s multiple cameras around , and that many have an internal memory . 

Being in the local paper ,shouldn’t take to long ,that’s a good picture.

people do crazy things over deer. we've had cameras stolen and treestands destroyed. i write my name right on them in black permanent industrial marker. that way they know it's not just anyone who hunts that own's it. if another person gets a glimpse of it they know exactly where and who it came from. no halfass story i found it where we hunt but it's not ours BS so must be a trespasser BS. Just something I do. Not necessary saying it'd fix any problem.

one opening day I got into a ladder stand  and at was O dark 30 when I got into it. It felt funny walking up the ladder but I got settled in. the seat just felt to wiggly and I turned my flashlight on to tighten the strap from the seat around the tree. The stabilizer strap had been cut all the way through at the tree. The two diagonal straps were cut all the way through at the ladder and the one at the set was cut half way through. I believe if I had just tightened the ratchet it probably would have snapped and there would have been nothing holding me to the tree. (no harness). I check every one with a quick shine of the light now. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

One would think with that clear of a picture he would have been caught by now. Article says it happened on 10/12, that's a month ago.

To bad even when they snag this moron he will most likely only get a warning, or maybe a small fine. Should me minimum of a year in the slammer.

They’ll need more then that picture alone to get anything more than a trespass charge I’d think .

My one friend climbed down and saw that his tree had been cut most of the way through ! A nearby camera had a video of a guy walking past with a chain saw , and said saw starting  up,off camera. Cops said not enough evidence.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nomad said:

They’ll need more then that picture alone to get anything more than a trespass charge I’d think .

My one friend climbed down and saw that his tree had been cut most of the way through ! A nearby camera had a video of a guy walking past with a chain saw , and said saw starting  up,off camera. Cops said not enough evidence.

Crazy. I remember an episode of north woods law where they question a guy coming out of the woods with a bow and a climber, no license. But they couldnt prove he was hunting

32 minutes ago, Nomad said:

That was my thinking as well.

Still odd this guys not been busted. The Long Lake area isn't actually bustling with suburbs. Gut tells me he's local so shouldn't be taking this long to grab him up. Maybe he bought a few boxes of Just For Men after realizing he was sort of a wanted man.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hunter007 said:

It's a match 

images.jpeg-12.jpg

2 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Very close 007!!!

1 hour ago, Hunter007 said:

Maybe his brother 

35 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

The guy you showed in the picture is known for his Nasty Temper.

Really you two? Really! STOP! JUST STOP!

The issue that keeps resonating in my head is the time lapse from when it happened, to a month later when the news picked it up. That there's some damn fine news reporting, and fast too.

When I had one of my treestands vandalized, they were at least thoughtful enough to make it very obvious that it was no longer safe to use (it was a 21' ladder stand that was literally wrapped around the tree when they were done with it.) Ah, memories. I still have getting the top part of that treestand down from the tree on my to do list. Next year.

8 hours ago, goosifer said:

When I had one of my treestands vandalized, they were at least thoughtful enough to make it very obvious that it was no longer safe to use (it was a 21' ladder stand that was literally wrapped around the tree when they were done with it.) Ah, memories. I still have getting the top part of that treestand down from the tree on my to do list. Next year.

Someone rammed a quad into a ladder stand where I hunt and pinched it to the tree

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...