Damn climbers..

G-Man

It’s not the climbers fault it’s operator error. I’ve always had my bottom section tethered to the top. Third hand archery makes stabilizer straps and they work excellent for tether’s when climbing. Then pull tight when you reach your height you want and it locks the top and bottom together for rock solid hold . 
My harness is on me and around the tree before I even start .

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 2

That article is as clear as mud .

quote , At the accident location, the 22-year-old man from Jamestown was found hanging with his feet on the seat of his tree stand and his upper body attached to the tree stand. He had lost his footing while using the climbing tree stand and his foot got caught on the unit, keeping him from falling to the ground.

So, he looses his footing and his foot gets caught on the seat ? And just how is his upper body attached to the stand ? I guarantee the rescuers took photos,  as that would make a great training class . 

22 minutes ago, rob-c said:

It’s not the climbers fault it’s operator error. I’ve always had my bottom section tethered to the top. Third hand archery makes stabilizer straps and they work excellent for tether’s when climbing. Then pull tight when you reach your height you want and it locks the top and bottom together for rock solid hold . 
My harness is on me and around the tree before I even start .

Ive bought those straps for at least five different friends, they are an absolute must have

• Like 1