Lots of big bucks

Pygmy

Everyone here locally is talking about what a slow opening weekend it was, with very little shooting

However SOMEONE is killing them... I stopped at Madigan's Custom Cutting  just west of Addison on RT 119...One of my Canadian buddies wanted to donate his deer...

They have around fifty deer there, mostly bucks, and I saw more BIG racks there than I have ever seen....There must have been 10 or 12 real wallhangers, and the average rack size was much bigger than normal....Lots of real nice 8 and 10 points.....One 10 had to go close to 150 inches, and he was huge for down here along the Pennsyltucky border...I'm guessing he would go 180 dressed... Maybe even more...That is not too unusual around the Finger lakes and the lake plains, but down here in Dogpatch it is real big.. I have been hunting for over 50 years and the heaviest local buck I ever saw weighed on a SCALE  ( as opposed to weighing them with a thumb and an eyeball) weighed 185 dressed...

• Like 6

Not the best week to have stomach issues!  Had  4 days off spend 3 in bed one cleaning the yard.  Brother got a decent 8 in Prattsville as it was chasing a doe.  Other member here also got a doe over the weekend.  Been hearing good movement the last 2 weeks and many big bucks have fell.  Keep at it as the bucks will still be checking to see if any doe come back into heat and we still have the second rut to kick in!  

59560702335__1FE2D1F6-2CA8-4BA6-B2A9-AF3EE4423BD6.jpeg

IMG_6553.jpeg

• Like 2

We put them to bed as they where tired!  lol   Think they are in hibernation?

eb65c0b13e3e41ba0937356637c8037a.jpg. Lol. They are not all in bed just yet. This guy was kinda stalking me I think. I left the last tier to get into the bowels of the Letchworth and this guy was following my tracks when I came back up thru. Sneaky Jokers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Everyone here locally is talking about what a slow opening weekend it was, with very little shooting

However SOMEONE is killing them... I stopped at Madigan's Custom Cutting  just west of Addison on RT 119...One of my Canadian buddies wanted to donate his deer...

They have around fifty deer there, mostly bucks, and I saw more BIG racks there than I have ever seen....There must have been 10 or 12 real wallhangers, and the average rack size was much bigger than normal....Lots of real nice 8 and 10 points.....One 10 had to go close to 150 inches, and he was huge for down here along the Pennsyltucky border...I'm guessing he would go 180 dressed... Maybe even more...That is not too unusual around the Finger lakes and the lake plains, but down here in Dogpatch it is real big.. I have been hunting for over 50 years and the heaviest local buck I ever saw weighed on a SCALE  ( as opposed to weighing them with a thumb and an eyeball) weighed 185 dressed...

https://www.trulia.com/property/3015937661-0-County-Route-119-Addison-NY-14801

That yours or just a coincidence you mentioned it ? :)

looks like a good area 5 hour drive would kill me though .

Edited by Hunter007

16 minutes ago, rob-c said:

I think between guys letting younger bucks go, the decline of hunters, food plots being planted and the mild winters we have been having, that we are seeing bigger deer harvested. 

Don't forget the use of trail cams when guys know there is a big one around they are even more then likely to let a smaller buck go hoping the big one will show up from the trail cams. 

• Like 1