The Hunting Public from Youtube is deer hunting in New York this year

JimboCNY

Anybody watch the episode of Zach in the 'Daks yet?  [mention=4789]Buckmaster7600[/mention] needs to give him a few pointers.

I watched it last week. Pretty interesting and the whole time I was like… I wonder if that’s how the locals from the forum would do it.

I like when Zach is on the shows, he’s just nutty enough to be enjoyable no mater what’s happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought he did alright for a first timer. Could have been a lot worse. That tracking is a pretty specific method and buckmaster would probably agree that it takes a lot of time to get really good at it. There is a great video with Hal Blood out there tracking a big Maine buck in the woods,check that one out. If I was a buck I would hate to have him on my trail...

I thought he did alright for a first timer. Could have been a lot worse. That tracking is a pretty specific method and buckmaster would probably agree that it takes a lot of time to get really good at it. There is a great video with Hal Blood out there tracking a big Maine buck in the woods,check that one out. If I was a buck I would hate to have him on my trail...

Thanks for that recommendation.
I watched this one

https://www.google.com/search?q=hal+blood+maine+buck+track&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=ivnx&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwix9b2cqZ71AhU_jIkEHaRuB7oQ_AUoAnoECAIQAg&biw=414&bih=699&dpr=2#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:b4adc79e,vid:FRZssTjdfNM,st:0

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

not sure if it is the one I saw. it was very well filmed and I think he followed that buck for two days. After jumping him they stopped and ate a sandwich to give him time to calm down.

that was the one i watched 

Edited by BowmanMike
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

not sure if it is the one I saw. it was very well filmed and I think he followed that buck for two days. After jumping him they stopped and ate a sandwich to give him time to calm down.

that was the one i watched 

Pretty cool video. Those meat hunters sure won’t appreciate this video. 

26 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

Why not just enjoy the awesome video? Why always troll? Get a life kid

Was a totally awesome video. Did the man not back off from a smaller buck?  I believe he did. Perfect example of many of today’s hunters!  Fact!  Lol. Love the kid word. I probably have boots older then you. 

You speak as if your a young kid so I addressed you as one. No doubt reading your posts your one hell of a hunter but you come off very limited as a person. 

Appreciate your advice on hunting though.

I usually don't bite on these topics like this but this is twice in one day.

22 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

You speak as if your a young kid so I addressed you as one. No doubt reading your posts your one hell of a hunter but you come off very limited as a person. 

Facts are facts my man. If there is something in my words that are not fact feel free to call them out. The man backed off a smaller buck in order to harvest a bigger one. Period. Most hunters would have not even took the distance between the trees in relation to the size of the bucks rack but this hunter sure did. And it paid off handsomely for him. As It would for many hunters if givin the chance.  In this case.. like most… the guy got the bigger headgear and the bigger bag of meat. 

33 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

Twice you’ve jumped the gun today? Rough day?

12 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Facts are facts my man. If there is something in my words that are not fact feel free to call them out. The man backed off a smaller buck in order to harvest a bigger one. Period. Most hunters would have not even took the distance between the trees in relation to the size of the bucks rack but this hunter sure did. And it paid off handsomely for him. As It would for many hunters if givin the chance.  In this case.. like most… the guy got the bigger headgear and the bigger bag of meat. 

I agree with all this.

Your avoiding the other things I said. Very informative person, wish you pieced your words together better that's all. 

9 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

I agree with all this.

Your avoiding the other things I said. Very informative person, wish you pieced your words together better that's all. 

Not sure what or why you want me to sugar coat something but sorry that’s not going to happen. There are so many people on this site that would probably tell you that this man still did not go for rack size even though it’s there in real time   I will never miss my chance to show once again proof of what I have said all along and caught shit for. Rack Matters !!

1 hour ago, corydd7 said:

Lol it's been horrible! For what it's worth I think your a really intelligent person. Just don't agree with you on a couple topics. 

Well I hope tomorrow’s better. 

You’re one of the more even keeled members of the forum and you typically stay above the fray. Hell, if @Northcountryman wanted to start a Cory for mod campaign,  I could see myself getting behind it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Pretty cool video. Those meat hunters sure won’t appreciate this video. 

I am a meat hunter first but do appreciate different approaches. It is fun to watch somebody really good at something do their thing,be it hunting or a craft or whatever really.

My favorite part of the video was the end where he thanks God for blessing him with the harvest.  That is the part of hunting that too many ignore at their peril.  

All creatures, great and small, end up exactly where The Big Guy wants them to go.  For a buck, sometimes, that is coyote excrement, and sometimes it is Heaven - mankind’s food supply.

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

I am a meat hunter first but do appreciate different approaches. It is fun to watch somebody really good at something do their thing,be it hunting or a craft or whatever really.

Edited by wolc123
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

As most are. Just some make sure they harvest the one’s with both prizes. That’s a gift to be able to run them down like that. Guy knew the first buck was smaller antlered then he wanted and he fixed that problem. Perfect!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Not sure what or why you want me to sugar coat something but sorry that’s not going to happen. There are so many people on this site that would probably tell you that this man still did not go for rack size even though it’s there in real time   I will never miss my chance to show once again proof of what I have said all along and caught shit for. Rack Matters !!

Rack matters to the majority, but not everyone.  The reasons are B&C, P&Y, State records, and it's in all the advertising, regardless if the product even has any relevance.  Racks are sexy, they are all different and unique, and sex sells.  Who wants to look at doe heads?  What I like about the videos is the lack of products pitching, like a NASCAR winners circle in the major hunting  shows.  The take away for newbies should be it is about hunting skills and woodsmanship, not products and gimmicks.

Edited by DoubleDose
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DoubleDose said:

Rack matters to the majority, but not everyone.  The reasons are B&C, P&Y, State records, and it's in all the advertising, regardless if the product even has any relevance.  Racks are sexy, they are all different and unique, and sex sells.  Who wants to look at doe heads?  What I like about the videos is the lack of products pitching, like a NASCAR winners circle in the major hunting  shows.  The take away for newbies should be it is about hunting skills and woodsmanship, not products and gimmicks.

True That. Majority!  No thrills hunt for sure.  Open sight and all. 

I will point out one part I was not so impressed with. In the video I watched, he took two shots at Brutus in less than ideal circumstances (too far and/or too many willow branches). I’m not sure I’m willing to risk injuring game with those shots. I guess the drive to hold bone in one’s hand makes some “real hunters” do things that push the envelope.
Me, I would have waited for a better shot(or probably been home already eating the Heart of a 1.5 bb!)

10 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I will point out one part I was not so impressed with. In the video I watched, he took two shots at Brutus in less than ideal circumstances (too far and/or too many willow branches). I’m not sure I’m willing to risk injuring game with those shots. I guess the drive to hold bone in one’s hand makes some “real hunters” do things that push the envelope.
Me, I would have waited for a better shot(or probably been home already eating the Heart of a 1.5 bb!)

you passed far too many spikes this season.  

28 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I would guess a lot of hunters that hunt the big woods like that take those shots when givin. Open sites and quick shots are the norm. Gotta be in to win type of thing. You might only see 1 buck for a shot in a week or two. 

10 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

It's also possible that when he saw the tracks pass through the two narrow trees he thought this may be a big doe track.

I would guess a lot of hunters that hunt the big woods like that take those shots when givin. Open sites and quick shots are the norm. Gotta be in to win type of thing. You might only see 1 buck for a shot in a week or two. 

Ah…so they settle on sub-optimal shots?!? That’s not for me for sure