Scope for muzzleloader?

Leatherwood / Hi-Lux TB-ML 3-9X40mm Riflescope.  Its ML specific, very reasonable, good clarity, doesn't fog up and has not lost zero through 6 seasons and I am not particularly gentle with my stuff.  I have been very impressed with it.

Edited by moog5050

10 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Theyre all pretty good for the money tbh. Im getting a CVA as well and im going to be getting the Nikon buckmaster II I believe.  

Where are you getting yours? I may have to drive up to Kingston to find what I want and carry on to my place. Is there a good shop closer to the city? 

Just now, left field said:

Where are you getting yours? I may have to drive up to Kingston to find what I want and carry on to my place. Is there a good shop closer to the city? 

I have a friend who's going to order one direct from the company for me and get it sent to his house because he gets a discount on CVA. I know Dicks carrys CVA optima so you can check it out there and then buy it where ever you like.

• Like 1

Heck, if it is coming with a scope, you are paying for it...may as well give it a try. I like good glass, but earlier this year my Leupold scope on my .308 fritzed on me and wouldn't hold a group. I had a VERY inexpensive 4 power shotgun scope in hand, so I tossed it on it. It held a zero and group just fine. I will get the Leupold repaired (great warranty service ) but I am confident for this year. Cheap scopes nowadays are waaaaaay better than cheap scopes thirty years ago.

2 hours ago, left field said:

CVA guys. Is the nitride barrel worth it? I wanted an Optima with a black stock but it looks like it only comes with SS. Nitride is reserved for camo stocks which I don't particularly want.

Both my MZ barrels are SS . If you plan on shooting Blackhorn, corrosion won't be a concern ,another reason it is so much better then everything else on the market .

I'm not an optics snob, but I love vortex.

Great glass, great warranty.

Lastly, I only buy optics that have some form of illuminated reticle. At dusk it makes a world of difference.

I usually run viper PST's, but found a Leopold that is illuminated

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk