Nikon getting out of the rifle scope game

Gencountyzeek

It's all about the bottom line ($$) that drives these decisions! Not to mention new competitors edging into Nikon's slice of the pie (ie; Vortex). Nikon sports optics is part of the huge Japanese conglomerate Mitsubishi. Not making rifle scopes would barely be a ripple in the company's business "big picture".

Nikon bread and butter is in their high end optics. Their rifle scopes are not within that category. Pure business decision to focus on their core. The company also leans heavily to the left. It's possible they still end up white label them for a while to offset materials and/or assets.

Love their products! As was mentioned in that price range 300 -500 hard to beat. I owned a Nikon 3x9 scope for @ 20 years and had an issue after a hunting trip to Texas. Sent it to them 2 weeks later I received a brand new monarch in the mail. Better model than what I sent them. I own about 6 scopes from Nikon sorry to hear that they aren’t in the scope game any more. Wonder what will happen to their warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

I have several Nikon's, my last monarch made me decide to try the fx1000 6-24. For 5xx and change what an awesome scope. The turrets are accurate and smooth, the numbered parralax is about 50 yards off 99% of people wouldn't notice. Imo Glass and overall quality TRUMPS vortex g2s.

I'm probably going to get another before they are gone. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Modern hillbilly said:

I have several Nikon's, my last monarch made me decide to try the fx1000 6-24. For 5xx and change what an awesome scope. The turrets are accurate and smooth, the numbered parralax is about 50 yards off 99% of people wouldn't notice. Imo Glass and overall quality TRUMPS vortex g2s.

I'm probably going to get another before they are gone. 

I'm quite familiar with nikons. I am an duck hunter amateur and I always love to go hunting in evening. For a long time I have been using nikons when going duck-hunting but they did not satisfy me enough, as the zoom was pretty blurry and it was falling of my weapon very often after the shoot recoil. I was really pissed of changing them, I got gifted a good night vision scope of ATN mark I guess. I am so happy actually because it serves me for more than few months. After that I would never go back to nikons.

Edited by kingsizexx

I have some prostate stuff, its pretty high quality.  I heard last year they were moving away from hunting because of the negativity associated with firearms and hunting,  many companies currently are shifting away from hunting.

Its a shame the way companies are so worried about being pc. that they cut thier hunting lines. Check out underarmor and there closing the door to the bowmars because they legally speared a bear and put the video out for all to see.

Hunting is a dying lifestyle hopefully we can pass this on to our children and generations to come. It should be praised that we teach the younger generation to feed themselves and connect with nature. Not be persecuted for doing something that kept us alive for generations. 

I now use hawk optics. I own 2 scopes that have many options and fantastic clarity. 

Edited by Kmartinson