Chainsaw Rottweiler

wooly

Had a special order from one of my customers from last summer. She has already bought SEVERAL carves from me and has 3 Rotties of her own, and asked me if I could carve her a simple Rottweiler head.

She had paid some con-carver schmuck from Pennsyltucky to do the job for her a few years ago, but he just ran off with her cash and never delivered the piece.

I let her know I'd give it a shot, but not to get her hopes up as I've never attempted anything like this before..., BUT my plan was to do a full body, life size rottweiler out of one of the biggest maple logs I had here and just charge her for my tool supplies and materials.

That was about 4 months ago, and I finally built up the courage to start making some saw dust here a couple weeks ago. My free time is VERY limited lately so things have been progressing really slowly with this one, but I'm finally past the crucial cut stages and heading into the home stretch now and ready to start working on the base soon!

Sometimes the hardest part for me is getting past that initial fear of trying something new, and making those first few cuts before everything else just starts falling into place!

I couldn't be happier with how this one's coming along and she's over the moon with it as well so far!

Added my mum in one of the pics for size reference, so careful with any of those comments,lol:nono::D

DSC_0200.thumb.JPG.cf168c9ea193622f02c17237969b14b5.JPG

DSC_0024.thumb.JPG.fe9afa0205570736f9838ff00e93c537.JPG

DSC_0030.thumb.JPG.ad24950c830e876c76e90e6fe6d8f52f.JPG

DSC_0050.thumb.JPG.97c08c8333e071387dffc77e06ee6b7d.JPG

DSC_0059.thumb.JPG.91c2e7e4e9f92285d140d306f8e53a47.JPG

DSC_0064.thumb.JPG.3c28ae9577e9d6cd8c056cb51909f87c.JPG

DSC_0086.JPG.edf25ba0dd8eadd8ae7d9e69095acf29.JPG

DSC_0081.thumb.JPG.196e10972ea383703387998e2adbecde.JPG

DSC_0087.thumb.JPG.09a4623eb10caca28e2c9f535d24a414.JPG

DSC_0082.thumb.JPG.fc7af09b0add25d3eb29bc6beba908c3.JPG

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

What do you know Wooly made another amazing wood carving.... yawn 

Just kidding man, as I was looking through the pictures I was like yeah that's looking OK,

hmmmm yep he seems to have this idea down,

oh wow yeah that looks good,

damn it that's a spot on Rottie 

Great job I am sure your customer is as excited about it as you are if not more! 

• Like 1

You never cease to amaze me with all that artistic talent, that just flows from you Matt! A very cool carving, that looks, well.....like a Rottweiler!!! You did a fantastic job buddy, and you made that customer so very happy! You sure have a way of doing that with people. As I smile every time I look at my Wooly Bear. Or anything else I have, that were made by your paws.

Take care my friend.

And give Mom a peck on the cheek for all of us!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ApexerER said:

And what the heck is that thing siting in the front of those Stihls?

Thanks guys!

Apex- that Shindaiwa is not my favorite saw, but it'll run circles around my Stihls! It's a 60cc beast I use for lopping off big chunks fast.

NOTHING compares to my Husky though. Sometimes I just pull that saw out so I can look at her beautiful teeth smiling back at me,lol:D

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, wooly said:

Thanks guys!

Apex- that Shindaiwa is not my favorite saw, but it'll run circles around my Stihls! It's a 60cc beast I use for lopping off big chunks fast.

NOTHING compares to my Husky though. Sometimes I just pull that saw out so I can look at her beautiful teeth smiling back at me,lol:D

Ha, I didn't even notice the Husky...just saw orange.....

• Like 1