blackbeltbill

Bill's Pheasant Wanderings-- 1974- 2019 And On. Gallery Of Pics.

This is Jill. An English Setter as well. She is getting on in age in this pic. Great Retrieve of a Rooster Pheasant, I shot! I always carried Kodak One Use Cameras to preserve the memories.

20191124_063837.jpg

My Nephew -Jeremy. I taught him to Pheasant Hunt. He has a Remington 870 20 Gauge there. I was using an old 16 Gauge ( stagecoach) side by side. He no longer hunts unfortunately. He is about 35 now.

20191124_072108.jpg

• Like 2

PEGGY after a Pheasant hunt with a number of birds. 2 big Rooster Pheasants right there. These were good early years for me when, I took a good 30 Pheasants a year for at least 15 years running. Only 2 this year so far..

20191124_092244.jpg

APRIL + JILL are Hot! My Father knows it and is moving in . A Pheasant exploded up shortly after this pic. Enough pics for now-- later. Hope everyone enjoys the pics .

20191124_100130.jpg

• Like 2

My Brother in law Mark along with BEN on a early October Pheasant Hunt. He is 1 year younger then me at 59 now. A bad Work injury forced him on SSD and of course he can no longer hunt. He took close to 70 Wild Turkeys with just a Slate Pot + Peg.

20191124_113644.jpg

• Like 1

Here is an old Rooster Pheasant Mount that is leaning too far forward now. Note the ( twin horns) behind the eyes.

20200124_180731.jpg

In this pic is JILL- A English Setter. She is ( Winding) here on a Pheasant that is Close. Note the Blood on her rear leg. Minor wound that happened possibly running over a Rockwall. She was really good in the Pheasant Fields. I took plenty of Pheasants over her.

20200130_110415.jpg

• Like 1

Another old pic of JILL. She has in front of her a Hen Pheasant + a Chuckar Partridge that She Kicked up for me. She is also past her prime in this pic.  Now ( Wolc) here thinks, I only hunt Turkeys-- so he has not seen my Pheasant Journal here.  My rough estimate for my Pheasant Tally is around 750 or so. Of course this goes back to 1974 when, I was 14. JILL had some Awesome Points in her time.

20200203_104604.jpg