Electric knife sharpener

crappyice

On 11/25/2019 at 7:03 AM, moog5050 said:

The spyderco sharpmaker really is fool proof and will get your knives really sharp.   Not electric but just a suggestion.  

On 11/25/2019 at 10:03 AM, The Jerkman said:

You can cut yourself just by looking at a knife sharpened with the sharpmaker

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

which model are you guys using?

12 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I've been a big fan of the Tri-Angle Spyderco sharpener for quite a while now but have been considering adding their diamond rods to the mix.

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/204D/Tri-Angle-trade-Stones-Diamond/79

I have a few knives that I have a tough time getting the edge I'd like on and that may be the ticket?? I see they also have a set of Boron Nitride rods too.  I don't know which of the two would be better.....might have to ask Alexa or Siri for help. :)

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/204CBN/Tri-Angle-trade-Stones-Cubic-Boron-Nitride/891

14 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I've been a big fan of the Tri-Angle Spyderco sharpener for quite a while now but have been considering adding their diamond rods to the mix.

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/204D/Tri-Angle-trade-Stones-Diamond/79

I have a few knives that I have a tough time getting the edge I'd like on and that may be the ticket?? I see they also have a set of Boron Nitride rods too.  I don't know which of the two would be better.....might have to ask Alexa or Siri for help. :)

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/204CBN/Tri-Angle-trade-Stones-Cubic-Boron-Nitride/891

Would like to add the diamond myself.  

I gotta jump in here . I bought my first of dozens of Spyderco’s in 1,991, shortly followed by this sharpener, they started making sharpeners before knives BTW. I belong to both The Spyderco Forum and Blade Forums ,That and my personal dealings with them have showed me the company and it’s owner Sal and his son Eric our of the highest integrity. Sal will answer your questions on his forum and direct any concerns you have to the correct employee if you have a warranty issue , and he follows up on it personally many times .

They sent me a new knife on a warranty claim that many on the forum said was my own fault , they donated knives to a charity Police VS Fire event I was involved with as well as countless others across the county , Including 911, where a box of their knives was sent to the workers on site .

They have also spent large sums of money fighting the shameless companies blatantly ripping off their patient and trademarks protected property.

I understand wanting to save a few bucks, but I could never do that knowing what those ripp off copies have cost a great company that Did the R&D spent the time and money only to be ripped off . I have no idea how “ good “ that sharpener is , but I know the clone knives out there are junk .

2D9BCBAE-8E06-4460-BA82-CC477F324455.jpeg

Edited by Nomad

On 11/25/2019 at 11:17 AM, turkeyfeathers said:

I do ok with our Henkel sharpening rod on my knives but thinking of buying the havlon with removable blades in the off season.

I bought the Wiebe Monarch for under $20. link It's like the Havalon. In fact, I field dressed my deer this year using only this knife. In the past, I used to use up to four different knives/tools (butt-out, saw, skinning knife and Gerber skin zipper), and I wanted to cut weight.

BTW, the Havalon, Wiebe and Gerber disposable knives are really just folding scalpels. The hard part is figuring out what size the retention(?) hole is to fit the scalpel to the handle. I've been trying to figure that out, so I'd have other options for getting refills. If you happened to know someone that works at a vet, they might be able to help you figure out what size scalpel you'd need, hypothetically speaking.

22 minutes ago, Nomad said:

. . . .

They have also spent large sums of money fighting the shameless companies blatantly ripping off their patient and trademarks protected property.

I understand wanting to save a few bucks, but I could never do that knowing what those ripp off copies have cost a great company that Did the R&D spent the time and money only to be ripped off . I have no idea how “ good “ that sharpener is , but I know the clone knives out there are junk .

From a moral, brand loyalty, and buy American perspective, I get what you're saying. But from a legal perspective, patents usually last no more than 20 years. So, if the sharpener was patented prior to 1999, it's likely that the patent is no longer in effect. So yes, it's a Chinese copy, it's probably not as well made as the original, but it's not necessarily thievery, in this particular case.