it gets weird next year

Robhuntandfish

anyone take a peak at next year season dates yet??  We were talking at work about time off for next year so i looked at dates quick.  Gonna be a weird year.  Opening day of southern gun is Nov 21st.  Late start for sure.  If you arent a bowhunter yet, theres another selling point.  Def missing out on a lot of the chasing phase/rut with a late gun start like that.  Now my quandary will be when to take off?? i really like the two weeks of crossbow but also like the first two weeks of Nov the best which usually about coincide.   Seems after mid Nov I dont see the chasing.  Got a while to work on it of course but it will be a bit different for sure.  If i take a bunch of time off first two weeks - that will leave the third week and crossbow with me at work and well ......thats just no good!  lol  

19 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

Gun always 3rd sat, crossbow is only 2 weeks before that not nov 1. Just take extended weekends instead of big chunks of time off, I find that 4-5day weekends work better for me and get burnt out less. 

i actually take in the first two weeks of Nov t,w,th each of those weeks.  But if I do that then the third week which will now be xbow I wont have any time off.  I usually dont take much of any time off in gun unless I havent gotten a deer.  But figured a lot of guys plan around the rut and this might change some plans.  Happens every few years with the calendar but def different for next seasons plans. I blame leap year and daylight savings time - lol  

Edited by Robhuntandfish

I was trying to figure out how 3rd sat moved from Nov. 16 to Nov. 21.  I would have thought it was Nov. 15 next year but saw the same as you Rob.  Is 2020 a leap year?  Normally the days only move by one each year I think.

Like Tacks, I like late gun too unless I am already tagged out in bow.  lol. 

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I was trying to figure out how 3rd sat moved from Nov. 16 to Nov. 21.  I would have thought it was Nov. 15 next year but saw the same as you Rob.  Is 2020 a leap year?  Normally the days only move by one each year I think.

Yes, presidential elections are always in leap years.

Edited by Uncle Nicky
  • Like 3