Setting up tree stand near bedding area now?

Whereareyoubuck

1 minute ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

Yesterday I found a huge bedding area...woke up a doe and watched 5 others walk in. Didn’t see any bucks though. 
I am considering setting up a stand tonight on the edge of it. I will have an opportunity to hunt Wednesday morning. Any thoughts/recommendations? Will there even be any bucks in there?

while I think rutting activity has slowed, I still would sit downwind of doe bedding in the morning.  I would focus on food source afternoons (last 30min).  Of course if you know specific buck beds, that would be more ideal for PM hunt.

Just now, Whereareyoubuck said:

How do you find buck beds?

scouting based on topography, cover and transitions areas, and if you have trail cams out, putting together the pieces of the puzzle based on buck movement

check out hunting beast.  lots of discussion regarding identifying beds and likely locations for buck bedding.

A good bedding area will hold both doe and bucks. Especially if there is a known food supply nearby. Move your stand down wind and hunt it! There is still some rutting activity taking place now as well. Though it has slowed down just a bit.

Late season is a great time to zero in on a good buck, looking to find a doe not bred yet. And to pack on some pounds following the rigors of the rut.

Good luck!

12 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

Thanks everyone! Should I hang the stand up beforehand, or just wait until the morning of?

Hunting with a gun?   Bring a stool and sit somewhere with some cover.  Otherwise it depends how quietly and efficiently you can set stand.  

5 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Hunting with a gun?   Bring a stool and sit somewhere with some cover.  Otherwise it depends how quietly and efficiently you can set stand.  

Yeah rifle. I can set it up tonight in the dark and leave it there until Wednesday when I go out, but my buddy says that I should set up that morning instead?