Costanza's orders

mlammerhirt

Dinorocks asked them if you get your own meat back as he takes pride in self butchering his own. Doesn’t want some gut shot deer that sat in the woods for 2 days mixed in.  You do in fact get your deer back. Other places when you get sausage, dogs , etc you’re getting a mix of who knows who’s deer   No denying this stuff ain’t cheap but it’ll blow away any other stuff you’ve had before. I took 6 roasts , stew and just a couple packs of ground from my 3 this year. Can’t wait to have it back !

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gbj said:

Just a question I’ve never been there will they take ground that had no fat mixed with it? I’ve got a bunch I haven’t decided what to do with and the maple blueberry sausage sounds good!

433CB594-1A8B-4F9E-AF35-BEE895F53DE0.jpeg

One thing Ive learned over the years , don’t get there at opening time , because everyone does that .

Ok two, if you bow hunt bring that meat, drop off I was the only one there, pick up maybe 4 ahead of me this year and a one week turn around .

Edited by Nomad

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

So do you guys bring in frozen packs of venison? And I imagine there is no way they make separate batches so you get mixed with others right?

I have sampled some of there stuff at the outdoors show and it was really good. Blueberry Maple Breakfast Sausage intrigues me. Maybe some of us CNY guys can throw together and make a run!!

I’m in!  I would even go on the run with whoever! 

Gotta get fresh venison first though....

We dropped off 96# last week and are having them ship it to Virginia. We ordered a variety of the Smoked Items since they do not Ship Fresh Products. I expect our bill to be over $1000 before shipping...if that tells you how good it is! I have gave out some samples to my friends here in Va in the past and that was a huge mistake, now they hound the crap out of me about including them in our order. We used to do that but, it became too much work and took the fun out of our hunting, now we just keep it to our group of 4. We have been going to Costanzas for 15 years, I think we paid for his addition LOL

Edited by JJNY
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Otto said:

I’m in!  I would even go on the run with whoever! 

Gotta get fresh venison first though....

Yea me and the boys need to knock some down too. I got two 1.5 year olds in the freezer and half of a 2.5 yo. That is only half of what I need. I need 50-80 pounds for jerky, 20-30 #s for canning. More for sausage and sticks......oh man

What’s the process for shipping meat? TcIII how you keeping your sausage fresh for Mrs Biz through the mail? How do people ship 40 pounds of frozen chunked venison?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Overnight and it gets damn expensive

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, crappyice said:

What’s the process for shipping meat? TcIII how you keeping your sausage fresh for Mrs Biz through the mail? How do people ship 40 pounds of frozen chunked venison?

I believe they’ll only ship smoked products , find their “ care sheet” online to be sure .

This year I gave away most of my second buck , I paid for processing and didn’t mind as it went to a needy family and a friend who likes it .

In the future,I’d consider bringing a extra deer to Costanzas, for out of town guys , they’d have to arrange shipping through Costanzas and kick in for my processing .

Just a thought , not 100% sure , I want to take this on .

Edited by Nomad

I believe they’ll only ship smoked products , find their “ care sheet” online to be sure .
This year I gave away most of my second buck , I paid for processing and didn’t mind as it went to a needy family and a friend who likes it .
In the future,I’d consider bringing a extra deer to Costanzas, for out of town guys , they’d have to arrange shipping through Costanzas and kick in for my processing .
Just a thought , not 100% sure , I want to take this on .
Being retired makes you think like a crazy man! Lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 11:30 AM, Nomad said:

I’ve been going to Tony since he worked out of his garage at his house off Bay rd. Idk 25 years ?

Slim sticks always ! Hot, mild, and jalapeño and cheddar , this year I changed it up, honey BBQ and banana peppers and mozzarella. Everyone loves the BBQ and honey , but if you’re a spice lover you won’t get your fix here .

His hot dogs are very good .

I didn’t care for the bologna.

His Salamis were always good but I haven’t got any in maybe 15 years .

Got Romano and garlic sausage this year very good, actually may have liked it better cold the next day, should be very good in sauce .

The pepperoni is very very good, big favorite of our youngest daughter.

If I could only get one thing it would be slim sticks, pepperoni , hot dogs next in-line . I buy the more snack on products as opposed to meal making stuff, and I’m probably stuck in a rut with what I buy .

They have most available as samples as you wait in line . Also I got my stuff back in one week this year in bow, gun you’ll have to wait weeks . Keep that in mind for future years .

im five  minutes from him ,TF and Rockspec stopped here and we went to lunch first , I’m always open to that .

I remember going to his garage as a kid with my dad back in the late 80's early 90's? That must have been back towards the beginning of his business. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigbuckdown2019 said:

I remember going to his garage as a kid with my dad back in the late 80's early 90's? That must have been back towards the beginning of his business. 

For me the early ‘90s , I don’t recall how I learned of him , even though I lived two miles from him .

• Haha 1

Already munching on:

Peppers / Onion Sausage.
Cajun Sausage
Red Pepper & Mozz
Pepperjack Dogs
Jalapeno Cheddar Slim Sticks

I had another batch that I actually took to Wilson Beef Farm.  I had never been there before but heard many good things from close friends.  They have a sample tray of their hot dogs and sausage.  I thought it was every bit as delicious.  The slim sticks are not as good.  But they're not bad either and they don't cost $11 / lb.  LOL.

I may just go to Wilson now.  I really love their hot dog and sausage products.

• Like 1

I know you guys rave about their products but man that’s some expensive stuff

I look at it like this.......
1.the taste is unbelievable
2. Gets the whole family to eat venison products.
3. Divide the cost by 12 and I am sure if you went to the store to by food like sausages it would come close to what you spend in a one time deal at Costanza's
4. Did I mention their products taste unbelievable!!
5. Healthier than eating candy
6....my list could go on for days!

I live ~10mi from Costanza's and have never taken venison there to be processed. Un-American you say!??!  :mda:Just too $$/# for me to justify. To their credit I have been gifted items from Costanza's. Meat sticks and salamis were phenomenal, but I'd rather have a Zweigle's hotdog than another one from there regardless of it's flavoring!

Maybe Nomad can clear this up, but IRC doesn't Costanza's have strange &/or changing drop off dates? I've heard he closes venison being dropped off if he's super busy & other times he's only accepted orders post deer season. Seems like something I'd want to know before making a road trip with a load of venison.

38 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

I look at it like this.......
#3. Divide the cost by 12 and I am sure if you went to the store to by food like sausages it would come close to what you spend in a one time deal at Costanza's

If you like their products, then cost is probably no object! Costanza's does have a wider variety of products, flavorings and it's still at least 50% (your) venison. I'm simply confused about your math for the #3 item compared to that of a grocery store with a decent meat dept. IDK, whatz divided by 12...?

By no means am I criticizing Costanza's products, just a little too $$ for my meat budget. If you like it, get it!!!

Edited by nyslowhand

If you like their products, then cost is probably no object! Costanza's does have a wider variety of products, flavorings and it's still at least 50% (your) venison. I'm simply confused about your math for the #3 item compared to that of a grocery store with a decent meat dept. IDK, whatz divided by 12...?
By no means am I criticizing Costanza's products, just a little too $$ for my meat budget. If you like it, get it!!!
12 months in a year
Take your total at Costanza's /12 = a price per month that may equal your spending at another market/ grocery store buying food.

So if you spend 300.00 at Costanza's divide that by 12 and you get 25.00
If I didn't spend that at Costanza's I would most likely spend it buying steak or sausage products monthly at a market. So in the end it really isn't that costly.