Advice on bedding buck

BigVal

I jumped a buck out of an area last Thursday . I shot and missed while he slowed in the goldenrod. (Hit a small tree) he took off and figured that was it. Yesterday at 530 am I got a pic of him headed towards the same spot.

So I got home and walked over there very slowly I got to the end and figured he wasn't there. Well he jumped about 10 feet from me and ran into the neighbors field lol. Obviously I couldn't shoot. 

Now, obviously I shouldn't have went over there and jumped him but I figured what are the chances hes there? Lol. I put a cam in the area he enters the thick stuff near the pines. My thinking is see when he goes in/out set up and shoot him while hes not alarmed. Am I missing something? Slim chances he returns again? Or just a toss up? 

Both times he was there on west south west winds. It's a cell cam so I dont have to go check it. 

Both times he let you get very close and both times he escaped.  Not even a shot second time.  I bet he is back there again.  I would give it a couple of days and put together a plan.  Either intentionally push him with a second walker towards your place or perhaps try to get set up close on a wind friendly day without being detected and hope he rises before dark.  I will be surprised if you catch him coming to bed in AM at this point but you never know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Assuming he is there, is there any way to get eyes on him while he is bedded without being busted?

Yes I can use my neighbors to get eyes on him or from my other field depending on which side hes on that day. Just cant shoot from or onto my neighbors. Also your absolutely right I'll post the pic up later he gets to bed while it's dark and will hopefully leave during daylight. I'd gladly push him to my dad of it comes to that.